Line 6 toneport gx or gearbox gold??

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Jason, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

i was stuck between the GX, UX1 and DI+gold bundle a while ago, and i went with the gold bundle, and i'm glad i did.

gold bundle comes with all line 6 models (metal/cc/fx/bass/mic pre models) where the GX only comes with the stock toneport models (which is a couple less than with a stock podxt) and like 2 or 3 bass amp models. to upgrade the GX to the gold bundle amount of models, it would cost more than the $50 dollar difference. (personally i've never found a usable metal tone that was tight and clear enough without using metal shop) plus with the gold bundle, you can run it as a vsti, so you can record DI tracks and run them through gearbox with amp models, which is really cool.

i use mine for both recording and for practice/jamming with myself in my room and i have absolutely no latency problems at all (incase you were wondering, it was something i was worried about). it also sounds exactly like my friends podxt, he brought it over to my house so i could compare, and i coudn't hear any difference at all.

plus the toneport DI also has a DI out, headphone out, and a left and right analog output on the back, where all the GX has is a headphone out.

3. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

Thanks man. :yesway:

4. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

no problem :)

5. Jason

Jason Forum MVP