Line 6 POD HD Thread

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Variant, Sep 30, 2010.

1. XMetalcheFX

XMetalcheFX Chef de Extreme

Do you have an FX loop block in your POD HD signal path? You may need to if you are running 4CM.

Also you should be panned to center. Remember its STEREO, but hard panning in the POD hd won't put the full output to one side, it just drops the opposite field. So pan it center and you MAY get a volume jump.

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Yes, the FX loop is activated.
    I tried both center and hard panned. It honestly didn't make much of a difference.

Right now I decided to just use the amp as a power amp. I managed to get a really good tone with the Electrik + Classic distortion + Greenback cab, so I'll stick with that for now.

3. XMetalcheFX

I meant a physical fx loop block in the patch.

Also I can't find what amp you said you had lol.

4. jeremyb

jeremyb SS.org Regular

Any stagesource users on here? just got a L2T to run with my HD500X :)

5. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina Leandro

Good afternoon all. The band in which I sing and play the guitar, Noosfera, has released our first live EP record. We also released 3 Full HD videos of that gig. Sound was recorded on 15 tracks, then mixed and mastered. For the matter, I use a POD HD500, so these videos can get you an idea of how can it sound in a live performance, and in a live recording:

You can also listen the live record on Spotify: spotify:album:7zh0h2vrw7NH3ca53ZCAPA

Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/noosfera_arg/sets/noosfera-vivo-metal-fest-2015

Or download it from any of these links:
    https://mega.nz/#!hxNBnTzZ!gM6vnctISV9G-YSoCIbjDLsyPI6sFxLqApnY37VNRuo
    Noosfera - Vivo Metal Fest 2015 (2015)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Naa_c6EVHMTXoyMnIzcUlZcUk/view?usp=sharing

I plug my POD into the Power Amp section of my amp head, which is a transistor amp head. The POD's output is set both to 'stack pwr amp' and 'line'. Input is set to guitar/same, 1m impedance, and I use PAD ON. The general sound I use live can be loaded with this patch: Line 6 CustomTone

I hope you like them or at least they serve as reference on how the POD HD500 sounds live.

6. domsch1988

domsch1988 SS.org Regular

Hey everyone. I own the HD500x. I currently am shopping for a new head. How close is the PODs SLO Distortion Amp to a real Soldano? I was just about set on a 5150 when the PODs SLO Model won me over. I like the thick low end, high saturation and somewhat less refined gain to the 5150. Would a real Soldano get me in the same direction tone wise?

7. HeHasTheJazzHands

So I've come to the conclusion that running the amp in power amp mode while running into IRs gets you some pretty nice tones. Using different cab sims can actually shape the tone in some cool ways as opposed to running with no cab.

8. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

I have a Tight Metal Pro preamp and would like to use it with my HD500x. Is there a way to insert this thing into the POD Loop and make it as my main preamp in the chain?

9. HeHasTheJazzHands

Toss it in the FX loop and just use the FX loop block in the chain.

10. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

Thanks! So does that mean I can use the Tightmetal as a preamp and switch it out for one of the HD preamps in another preset?

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

Yup. The only time the Tightmetal is in the equation is if you have the FX loop block selected.

12. XMetalcheFX

I dont mean to be condescending but I am going to repeat the question I think you are asking so I can answer it correctly......

You want to know if the Soldano SLO100, is Better than the Soldano Slo amp model on the Pod HD.....

13. eastguitar

eastguitar SS.org Regular

14. inprognito

inprognito MONSTROSADUS

I'm pretty sure he's asking if the POD's SLO model is an accurate representation of the real thing. He wanted a 5150 amp but loves the SLO model and now possibly wants a real Soldano if it sounds like the model.

15. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina Leandro

Yesterday at last Y tried the bass amp pack with my bass. Sadly, the SVT didn't impress me much. Somehow I feel the sound is lack of mids and highs, unless it's extremely equalized. The only amp model I liked, and I could reach a decent tone for metal using only the amp without pedals or anything else was the GK Gallien-Kruger 800RB, or Cougar. I really digged this model.

16. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Stunt Guitar

I have the bass pack as well and while they are fun to mess around with, I keep going back to the blackface amp and it trumps all the other bass patches I've made

17. HeHasTheJazzHands

I don't go for the modern gritty sound, but I got an awesome tone using the tube comp's default settings into the GK800 amp + 410. Sounds kind of like the bass tone in Jet City Woman.

Also, I hate the 810 model. It's way, way too transparent to the point of being thin and harsh.

18. HeHasTheJazzHands

I'm starting to realize my favorite boost for the POD isn't any of the dirt boxes at all.

It's the parametric EQ. Set the highs at around 60% and the lows at around 45%, and crank the level (with the Freq and Q still at 50%) ALL the way up. It has a lot more cut than the Screamer or the Classic Distortion I was originally using, but without giving you a harsh-sounding attack the cranked Screamer or Classic Distortion would give, especially with the high strings.

19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Right Im wanting to get a Engl e530 tube Preamp to partner with the HD Pro (presumably 4cm?) and I also have the Torpedo CAB.

Can I use all this, will it work? and anyone have any good feedback on this pairing?.

(7 and 8 string player here)

20. HeHasTheJazzHands

It should work well. Just do the standard 4CM, and instead of using an amp, replace it with both the Engl + Torpedo connected together.