Line 6 POD HD Thread

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Variant, Sep 30, 2010.

1. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

thanks a lot!, and it would be nice to hear a bit more detailed opinion in the production if you got the time :D, I feel that I've improved my skills in that regard a LOT during the last few months, but I still can't get the pro level I want.

some of the stuff that I identify as ''in need of more work'' are; my drum processing, my mastering chain, that sometimes I get my bass levels waaaaay too high (not the case here, I hope), and something in the general Freq spectrum of my mixes that just sounds amateur-ish

2. that short guy

that short guy SS.org Regular

Hey guys it's been a long as time since I've contributed anything to this thread so I figured I'd see what you guys think of the bass tone I've been working on. I recently decided I hated my old one and started working on this and I'm fairly happy with it. It's in the ball park of what I want sonically now I just need to do some fine tweaking. let me know what you think. it has two parts, the first is played with a pick and the 2nd is played finger/slap style (very sloppy I might add, I'm not really a bass player lol)

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/i_get_bored/bass-tone-test-1[/SC]

3. ambler3

ambler3 SS.org Regular

Been messing around with my POD lately using the cab sims, an unusual thing given that I pretty much 100% play with a power amp and 2x12 V30 cab.

The results were interesting, I found trying to put POD cabs in my power amp patches, and none of the cabs would give a workable sound.
    It's interesting how different the EQing on a Poweramp-Cab patch is to a direct patch, a bit of a shame that I can't throw a cab into the patch and instantly get a similar sound.

4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Are you using preamp only models on the pod?

5. ambler3

ambler3 SS.org Regular

On one patch, which is a Slo overdrive trying to emulate a 6505. The others (J45, Treadplate) are full amp models.

6. Matx

Matx Ninja

Description teaser of new firmware with optional amp packs to download (not free I'm sure)
    Line 6 :: POD Firmware Update :: Overview

Anyone have an inkling as to whether this will be for pod hd, or just the "HD ... X" series? I'd hate to have to upgrade, but I'd really love that 5150 model.

7. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Earlier in the thread I believe it was said it works for everything except the HD300 and HD400.

And they're not free. $50 for the 2 guitar packs (each) and $30 for the bass pack. The global EQ is free.

8. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Or $100 for all three if I remember right.

9. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

That's also an option, yeah.

10. ZeroS1gnol

ZeroS1gnol SS.org Regular

My goodness, that's rather steep...Not really worth it IMO.

11. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

It SHOULD be Free imo. We have had no support, or updates for this product considering its "Flagship". And how do we get repaid for the custom?. Yet more expense.

I want that 5150 and the older models (Big Bottom etc) But Ive already have to pay for these packs before on Podfarm etc (recently at that) and I just feel this is a rip off.

Im going to save my money and buy a Kemper instead, Atleast whatever version of the Kemper you have, you get continuous updates, regular feedback via the website posted by users which the company listen too (reflected in updates) and once you buy the unit everything else after that (from the company) is free etc and your custom seems to be taken more seriously.

Ive really enjoyed my Pod and yes I would like the extra amps, but after everything Ive given to line 6
    (Ux1, Line 6 Spider III Combo amp, Full package Podfarm, Pod HD Pro and more recently the Vetta II HD head), I really feel like this update which took way too long to put out, is a slap in the face with the charge of the amp packs.

12. prozak

prozak Pathfinder

Couldn't agree more man. I'm really in love with my HD500 but I don't think I'll ever buy another Line 6 product, only becouse of that miserable support and charging us for something that's expected to be free.

13. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch SS.org Regular

+1, I'm not giving L6 any more money and I've just been living with my POD until I have enough $$$ for another solution.

14. eastguitar

eastguitar SS.org Regular

Hi friends

This is a video of my band Element. We use Line6 POD HD Pro and POD HD500. Without amps and cabinets, directly to the mixer.

Thanks!!!

15. prozak

prozak Pathfinder

Pre-recorded bass guitar pwnage : )

16. ZeroS1gnol

Whats really crazy about it is that it's just a couple of X3 models (which I already own as well btw). So just rehashing of old software, I can't possibly imagine this needed a lot of development. Possibly only thing anyone is interested in from the metal pack is the 5150 model.

17. RustInPeace

RustInPeace SS.org Regular

Just bought a HD500x. Where do I start?

18. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina Leandro

Update following the proper update procedures in Line 6 forums. Then google Meambobbo's tone guide.

19. ZeroS1gnol

The manual, silly...(and what the other guy said)

20. Alice AKW

Alice AKW Wolf Ninja

Then yap at me when you need some help :p