Line 6 POD HD Thread

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Variant, Sep 30, 2010.

1. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

See this is why L6 would be wise to add a global eq, perhaps with storable settings.

2. Purelojik

Purelojik SS.org Regular

lol and remove the stupid stupid % for EQ values... seriously what were they thinking?

3. Rygar91

Rygar91 Well-Known Member

I made an instrumental cover Ebb & Flow by Misery Signals. This is easily the best sound ive been able to get with the pod HD so far.

https://soundcloud.com/rygar91/ebb-flow-instrumental-master

The guitars are Pod HD with Recabinet, the bass is a crappy bass vst, and the drums are Ezdrummer. Let me know what you think!

4. RickyCigs

RickyCigs Banned

My guess is that they did it to save character space. Using a two digit number takes up less display space than a 4 digit frequency value. Stupid either way.

5. RickyCigs

RickyCigs Banned

I'm just gonna leave this here and say wtf line 6. This is a free amp sim with NO boost. The very first modeled amp ive used that not only didn't need one, but sounded better without one. https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/lepou-legion-metal

I even tried to tone match it and couldn't get the balls right. Even when I used the same external ir. if I had a separate interface, I would probably sell my pod. Between this, the tse x50 and peavey revalver that I now have, it seems silly to even keep it.....

6. VacantPlanet

VacantPlanet SS.org Regular

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love my HD, but honestly, if Peavey every decided to put ReValver into a hardware platform, and add a few more amps/fx, the HD would be sold to fund that. Same goes for x50 and its ilk.

7. RickyCigs

RickyCigs Banned

Peavey already does make revalver hardware. It's called the musebox.

8. VacantPlanet

VacantPlanet SS.org Regular

Oh damn, I didn't know about that, but I'd rather just have a dedicated guitar processor, i.e, a direct competitor to the HD. AND, the musebox only has the lite version of ReValver. Seriously, ReValver is the best amp sim I've ever used, but I won't use it because if I did, then there'd be no justification of my HD besides live situations :lol:. Come on, Line 6, please add a 5150 and a Diezal! :bowdown:

PS> I may be drunk so forgive any typos lol.

9. Ocara-Jacob

Ocara-Jacob SSO Recluse

I'm currently working on a tone match for Tesseract's new stuff.
    Prepare your bodies.

10. RedSkull

RedSkull riffs master

Metal Machine + POD HD = good stuff

11. PodHdBean

PodHdBean SS.org Regular

which tone? they used a couple different clean/distorted tones but i think we will run out of dsp if you try to match those lol :wallbash:

12. RickyCigs

RickyCigs Banned

Here's something that might help you guys out,

The company Ignite Amps has a free tube power amp vst. It's just the power section and it has tweaks for changing tubes, bias, sag and what not. I only tried it other vst's, but it definitely helped to add some balls. If your using external ir's to record (you should be since there are great free ones) then this is a must for a thick ballsy tone.

I can find a link if you guys are too lazy....

13. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina Leandro

Jesus...their vsts are free and they not only have a power amp. I'll have to give them a shot.

14. jmeezle

jmeezle SS.org Regular

Glad you dig it man, thanks for making a cool rhythm patch! I've scooped it a bit to get it to sit in the mix... I'm loving the way it sounds!

15. mcd

mcd stuff and thangs

Just got off the phone with Sweetwater confirming my order. The sales rep pretty much said with out saying, that the PRO X is around the corner. That's why sweetwater has the HD Pro for 200 less than everyone else.

16. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

Hey everyone, its been a while, since I've been active here, but anyway...
    I have an orginal HD500 the FS2 and FS6 buttons on my HD arent working anymore, I can program effects to them, but cannot switch them.
    I use my HD500 as a midi switch for my V3 and also in 4 cable. Its kind of a necessary function for those to work, FS6 Switches to my #2 channel, and my FS2 is my on/off for my gate.
    Anyone else run into this, or any recommendations as what the best route to go with this? I dont wanna have to send it to Line 6 and waste money.

17. Ocara-Jacob

Ocara-Jacob SSO Recluse

Haha just the main rhythm tone, although i do have a clean tone ready as well.

18. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina Leandro

Below the chrome footpedals, there's a microswitch soldered into the board. That's probably the cause they don't work; they've either worn out or you just stepped them too hard. If you know how to solder and basic knowledge about electronics, you could dissasemble it with patience and replace them. Those microswitches can be found at electronic stores. You just have to be extra careful when de-soldering and soldering, besides not to solder/cut any rails. Before the HD500 I had a Korg AX3000G; footswitches weren't good either, so there was even a pdf online explaining how to replace them. If you're not up to the task, just find and a good electronic repair shop and they should do it without a problem.

Unless there's something new below the sun, most boards are built that way, meaning the switches are not meant to be stepped hard. I know...that's crap because everything outside seems to have been built to last years, and many guitar players are into the Metal genre; makes anyone look like a pussy when switching presets on stage hahah. But that's the way to take care of this board. The HD500X seems to have better pedals, but unless they don't have an onboard microswitch, they are bound to be as delicate as any board.

19. AaronGraves

AaronGraves SS.org Regular

20. jmeezle

jmeezle SS.org Regular