Line 6 POD HD Thread

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Variant, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

2. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

Here's my take on the DAS Metal patch - just a modification of Rick's:
    http://foobazaar.com/podhd/patches/hd500/7S_Das_Pod_1.h5e

I EQ'ed it for more mids, and I use a bit more of the compressor and much less Gain on the Q Filter. Also, I use Hard Gates. And I put Sag and Hum back towards 50%. Probably changed the cab DEP's a little too.

Lastest Periphery Rhythm (probably final):
    http://foobazaar.com/podhd/patches/hd500/7S_PeriphR_16.h5e

Latest Chaosphere (close to final):
    http://foobazaar.com/podhd/patches/hd500/7S_MshChs_15.h5e

Feedback welcome as always.

3. MrYakob

MrYakob SS.org Regular

Does anyone have any experience using the 500/Pro via 4cm? I'm having crippling GAS for a 5150 iii and I'd like to be able to use my HD Pro for the noise gates and other effects as well as midi channel switching so I don't have to buy a ton of new pedals. Is the sound equal to if I was running real pedals or am I just better off keeping the two units separate and just buy some pedals for the amp?

4. Zorkuus

Zorkuus SS.org Regular

5. RickyCigs

RickyCigs Banned

Sounds good! Looks like I tweaked the patch I've been trying for for a long time lol

6. tripguitar

tripguitar Settler of Catan

Bobbo I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of taking your spreadsheet and giving it a facelift. I also convert it to PDF, in hopes that it would work better on everyone's cell phones.I also tried to make it as printer friendly as possible. Hope it works for everyone! Works on my android.

Download here: http://db.tt/fHwVznwM

7. RickyCigs

RickyCigs Banned

I tried the Bobbo version of my diezel patch, and I didn't like it as much as mine, however I will do a demo of it for you all sometime in the next couple days.

I'll probably do some others as well. I'll use the same riff, but different patches so that you can hear the difference/comparison

8. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

Of course I don't mind! It looks a lot easier to read than what I had, and I appreciate the effort. It was a bit of a pain to get things readable - not my forte. I would like to post this with the other links on my site (I'd use this as the main one). Cool? And credit tripguitar or if you want to PM a name, etc?

9. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

Cool \m/

10. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

i thought all the clips sounded badass zorkuus.

11. tripguitar

tripguitar Settler of Catan

No credit needed haha all I did was add colorz!! Ya post it everywhere!

12. Alice AKW

Alice AKW Wolf Ninja

13. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

yikes, that sounds almost completely like the same tone...awesome. i would like the patch, please! i liked your video a ways back too. i'm envious - if I try to move around while playing, my playing would end up a sloppy mess.

14. Alice AKW

Alice AKW Wolf Ninja

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/224038/

And yeah, I play standing up a lot, I am a performer.

15. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

16. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

DT is in, eh? How's it sound? Have you used the DI analog speaker sim on the back into a recording yet? I've heard that it's great.

17. breadtruck

breadtruck SS.org Regular

Does anyone have any general advice for getting a brighter/clearer tone for light distortion? I'm trying to record some songs, and I want to use a tone thats somewhere inbetween crunch and high gain. I managed to throw something together using the Solo 100 Crunch amp, but if I strum with any kind of force then the chord sounds too distorted and fizzy. I'm not using much drive, and when I try to decrease it then it becomes way too clean for what I want. I have some DiMarzio pickups and they can pull off some great clean/crunch tones through my amp so I know it's not a pickup issue. I've already increased the input impedance to 3.5m and input 2 to Mic and that seems to help with cleaner tones, but it's still not as clear and bright as I would like it. If I up the treble/mids/presence then it doesn't really yield me the brightness I'm looking for, it just makes it sound even more fizzy lol.

So does anyone have any tips for a tone like that? I feel like I have the same issue with high-gain tones too, but it generally doesn't matter as much with that type of sound. I'm also using a slight EQ to cut top end frequencies. The sound difference isn't huge apart from reducing a slight bit of hiss.

18. meambobbo

meambobbo SS.org Regular

A Compressor will diminish that strong breakup on the attack and even things out.

Otherwise, you can use a Screamer or some other OD effect to brighten up the tone. Also, try the Park model out. It sounds great, but you need a boost in front to get the distortion levels you want.

19. breadtruck

breadtruck SS.org Regular

Thanks dude you've given me some stuff to go away and tweak :eek:)

20. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

Fantastic, I love it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a good metal tone out of it. I'm having some success with the treadplate pre, ubershell pre. Need to re-learn how to build patches :lol:

I have not used the DI sim yet. I must give that a shot! There's so much for me to learn right now as I just picked up the shortboard not too long ago as well :lol:

I love the integration between my preamp / amplifier. It's wonderful working inside line 6 edit and hearing the amp switching and the sound changing instantly :hbang:
    I'm really considering a floyd variax guitar now. Swapping tunings on the fly with paches is killer. I'm not really looking to emulate someones tone 100% so I'm not too concerned if the models aren't exactly like the real thing. But, I am really enjoying the sounds so far. I've been able to get some beautiful cleans out of this amp... I'm used to cleans from Fender amps so I'm VERY happy with what I'm getting.

It will be interesting to start recording. Mixing mic'd / direct tones could be interesting! But, it's definitely nice having that added power section with the pod hd pro :shred:

There's SO much tonal variation. I'm still wrapping my head around everything :lol:

I need to pick up an XLR AES/EBU cable. A regular analog one is fine but I have so much interference being generated from all the electronics I'd like to reduce any cable noise.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013