budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Planned is more likely.

Sogradde

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Eh. If it was cheaper it would make a great studio tool but at this price point it's probably cheaper to buy a small interface and Helix Native.
I don't quite understand the Line 6 policy tbh. They should have went with the Helix and a combination of Stomp and LT. A small device with a smaller footprint, less switches, no expression pedal and less I/O options for about half the price. I don't see any reason to buy the full Helix over the LT and almost no reason to buy the Stomp with its gimped live capabilities. :shrug:

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I had a quick read of the manual and you can't turn off cab emulation. So if you have a DI + amp setup, the signal to your amp will be FX only, AND doing so will take up one of your 6 blocks to insert the L Mono out signal.

Disappointing. I use the Mooer GE200 and you can turn cab emulation off at the output settings for either side. Was hoping for something similar as I am much more comfortable with the M series of efffects, as my first foray into a digital only rig was the HD500 and cab/poweramp.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
^I think it's really like that since it can do HX amps to power amp without cab emulation and PA out with IR. Sort of working around the single path limitation of the HX stomp.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
actually, after reading the manual a bit more, there might be a way to do it. Will have to wait for for a hands on to confirm. It doesn't look as straight forward as other solutions, but I think it's do-able.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Ok I was wrong. You can have a block on a seperate path. In theory, this could be cab.

This video goes through the editor and shows the potential.

Digital Igloo

Line 6
Reaction score
Can someone explain the 4x4 USB interace bit please?
It actually has an 8-in/6-out interface. Both stereo paths A and B are sent to your DAW via USB 1/2 and 3/4 respectively, the Main L/R input is sent dry to your DAW via USB 5/6, and the Return L/R input is sent dry to your DAW via USB 7/8. All simultaneously.

Output 1/2 from your computer is fed dry through HX Stomp's for jamming along with your DAW, iTunes, Spotify, etc. Output 3/4 is fed to the stereo Send output, and Output 5/6 can be routed to the input of Path A for re-amping.

SlamLiguez

Voidist
Reaction score
As someone confused on what to get as an all-in-one for recording and live performance this seems MILES ahead of the hd500x I was gonna get, expression pedal or otherwise.

shred-o-holic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow a ton of HX on Reverb now for 450 and not moving. People are obviously dumping. What’s it going to take to even sell? 400? 350? By the time you ship and pay all the fees you are even torched for more losses. No way am I offloading mine for close to half of what I paid. Very happy and comfortable with my HX especially stompbox mode too convenient to switch to the clunky having to hold down two things at once to save and some of their switching functions on the stomp. Wished Line 6 would have announced earlier as I already am invested in the Mooer Preamp Live. Still I am content with what I have I am sure the Stomp is cool though at least sound wise not so much with some of its functionality IMO. Another time maybe although a used Helix LT is not far off in price either. I do get the obvious benefit of the portability of course.

Last edited:

I play music

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow a ton of HX on Reverb now for 450 and not moving. People are obviously dumping. What’s it going to take to even sell? 400? 350? By the time you ship and pay all the fees you are even torched for more losses. No way am I offloading mine for close to half of what I paid. Very happy and comfortable with my HX especially stompbox mode too convenient to switch to the clunky having to hold down two things at once to save and some of their switching functions on the stomp. Wished Line 6 would have announced earlier as I already am invested in the Mooer Preamp Live. Still I am content with what I have I am sure the Stomp is cool though at least sound wise not so much with some of its functionality IMO. Another time maybe although a used Helix LT is not far off in price either. I do get the obvious benefit of the portability of course.
The HX goes for 499 new now, so it's not surprising that a used one for 450 does not move...

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The HX goes for 499 new now, so it's not surprising that a used one for 450 does not move...

Like the time i listed a GV-2 for $95 to learn that a new one cost that much. Relisted at $65 and it was gone.

Elric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Six blocks in spite of having half the DSP of a full Helix; is as deal breaker at this price point. Hardware features like the FX Loop and Volume pedal cost you a block in spite of not really using the DSP. Can’t believe they did that. May not be a big deal to everyone but if you want to actually use this with an amp in 4CM (how I would use it), you will need a loop block in every single preset... it becomes really limited, really quick for $600.

The form factor and the sound card feature is cool. I can see how some people are going to love this especially for its form factor, but for me I’d rather have a slightly bigger unit like the HX FX but with the amps. Smaller than the LT which is way too big and bigger than the Stomp which is too small and limited.

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
I don't know this sounds pretty cool actually. If someone wants to still use pedals, but still have amp modeling, you can do this now with a small setup. Imagine still having a pedal board filled with all sorts of pedals and have that as your setup, that's it. Seems like a cool idea to me.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I don't get why the HX stomp is around 550€ while the HX effetcts is 450€.
Isn't the hx stomp a smaller/ more affordable version?

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
I don't get why the HX stomp is around 550€ while the HX effetcts is 450€.
Isn't the hx stomp a smaller/ more affordable version?
HX Stomp includes modeling, while the FX only has effects like pedals. No amps or cabs.

Digital Igloo

Line 6
Reaction score
I don't get why the HX stomp is around 550€ while the HX effetcts is 450€. Isn't the hx stomp a smaller/ more affordable version?
Don't know. They cost us the same to make (well, within a dollar or two). They're both $599.99 in the States.