Lil NGD : RG750 to match the RG550

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by 77zark77, Jun 20, 2021.

1. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

The purple is impossible to take in a pic !!! and I tried !!!
    Those are the best I can do !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    rl]

2. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

The last pic is the best one! Really captures that purple

3. Marked Man

Marked Man SS.org Regular

Awesome! That is the guitar that Paul Gilbert was playing in the classic '91 Ibanez Catalog, and was a major object of lust for the very young, very broke me in 1991. My dream guitar debate at the time was the Charvel 650 vs the Ibanez RG770. Both were impossible to find used (even then! :noplease: ) and when new were beyond my allowance at the time, although I got a killer Charvel 475 instead and still have it today. It took until around 2010 for me to finally pick up a Charvel 650, although I still don't have the 770 yet. And I stupidly passed up a few 770 and 760 opportunities when they were dirt cheap, but that won't happen again. Now the debate is Grape Ice vs Laser Blue vs Black, but I expect it will be settled by whatever is available. I'm also still searching for the 540P inverted H/S guitar in desert yellow.

I forget the Ibanez Lore, aren't the IBZ-USA pickups essentially DiMarzios and one of them is the Tone Zone?

4. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

F2 reputation goes to the Tonezone and I agree ! thanks for your text, I often don't know how to say it in English,
    but those 90's beat the Satan's ass you can't even expect it in a near future

aesthyrian likes this.
  5. Marked Man

Marked Man SS.org Regular

About 10 years ago, I had an opportunity to buy a mint RG770 Flamed Maple for $400 and it was 10 miles from where I lived. I hesitated for a couple of days since I thought I already had too many guitars, and it was gone. :scream2: That will never happen again.

77zark77 likes this.
  6. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Great score! Really love the 750's and that's the coolest finish on them. HNGD!

77zark77 likes this.
  7. HoneyNut

HoneyNut Regular

F2 is TZ with a ceramic magnet instead of A5, i think.

8. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

@HoneyNut : interesting ! have you a reliable source or have you just heard about it ?

@IbanezDaemon Thanks pal, I'm far of yours (finishings)
    I have to admit that purple is the amazing you can't understand before having it in real. If we would have something Reality against Virtuality, this is a perfect proof

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    IbanezDaemon likes this.
  9. HoneyNut

HoneyNut Regular

Just been reading loads about this for ages now on various forums. No one from Dimarzio directly confirmed this. But I think Ibanezwiki mentioned that, but the new site doesn't.

I had both pickups on a few guitars, so I can confirm the similarity, perhaps the magnet being the only difference, with the F2 less bassy/ more crunchy of the 2.

https://www.jemsite.com/threads/ibzusa-f2-or-tone-zone-specs.42224/
    http://www.lonephantom.com/2011/03/more-meddling-with-the-dimarzio-tone-zone/
    https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/the-pickup-lounge/334875-ceramic-mag-in-tone-zone#post5683646

Marked Man and 77zark77 like this.