Lesson 80H

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by 80H, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

That's the most effort I've ever seen someone put in to saying "I know you are, but what am I!" :lol::lol::lol:

2. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

I'm not banning anyone yet. However, if this doesn't simmer down, you're ALL going. Got it?

You all know how much I hate having to subscribe to a thread to keep an eye on it...

3. eaeolian

Hey, you're free to not post here, you know. ;)

4. beavis2306

beavis2306 Lusts for gear

Politics aside, i found the original post inspiring. I've noticed changes in attitude toward my playing already. Thanks 80

5. 80H

80H Banned

Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
    Thank you so much, I wish you could understand how much that meant to me, especially now. That is why I do this.

Remember the watering greener grass part! The stuff you like in the lesson is the same story, you have a short window that you need to maintain it and then you can mostly put it on autopilot save for trimming and modifications :D Just because you read it and it helped today doesn't mean the grass will stay green.

6. Overtone

Overtone SS.org Regular

Have you seriously never been banned from a forum before? Not that I take it lightly, but it's not usually something that phases me. I learned pretty early on on ss.org, from my own minor mistakes and from seeing other bans, that there are certain mistakes you can unwittingly make here that'll get you a ban real fast. At the same time, it's always the kind of thing where it's a harsh way of letting you know there's rules you broke, but once you know... you know. If this is a first for you, try to be a little less shocked and offended that you were banned - it's really not meant to be taken that personally. The mods have a track record of being swift with those kind of things, and not tolerant of bickering, but they tend to be pretty fair and objective when it comes to deeper conflicts.

I've seen what happens when a forum has widespread issues with people not trusting the mods or feeling they were too unfair or took it too personally - it always ends with things like the forum splitting up or being shut down. I'd hate to see you go, but at the same time I don't think there's the kind of systematic problem that would make this forum a place for everyone... just you. Contributing great content doesn't afford anyone with special privileges, nor will it get you a personal apology over a pretty routine ban.

7. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

You know what, there is a lot about this forum I don't like, even people I don't like. I find some things unfair and I'm offended about once for every five or ten posts I make. You know what I do though? I quietly stop coming here for a bit. It's healthy and usually helps with any frustration this place might cause.

I get it, getting put in the corner sucks. Even on the internet on a meaningless (that's right, I said it. We're not curing AIDS or anything, just shooting the shit about wooden sticks) forum run by a bunch of jerks (myself most definitely included).

Boy, I remember when I used to take this place that seriously. I had an internet shouting match with one of the old Mods, Metal Ken, and looking back I was such a fool. One day, I hope you look at this and think the same, if not Dio help us. :hbang:

Gothic Headhunter likes this.
  8. eaeolian

You got into a shouting match with Ken? He was the least likely mod to ban ANYONE here. :lol:

9. wizbit81

wizbit81 SS.org Regular

To be fair I just got banned for a week for something I didn't really think was worth it. You know what? I waited out my ban and now I'm back, no hard feeling against the mod, and the minor transgression won't be repeated. Whyyy sooo serrrriouuuus?

10. vansinn

vansinn SS.org Regular

I don't think an online forum can be totally perfect; however, having spend considerable time in here, I'd say it's one of the best ;)

There always will disagreements at times, and even heated debates, but hey, that's also part of what online discussions are about: getting deep into arguments.

I don't see things going out of hand in here, in fact, I might even call ss.org pretty civilized.

As such, I feel the OP might be better off leaning back, take a breath, write a moderator about getting unbanned (says banned next to the avatar), and simply do a post saying something in the direction of "well, I was frustrated, you know.." - aren't we all at times..

11. eaeolian

Like I always say, some of you that think we ban too quickly should spend some time at other forums that are actually moderated. :lol: