Legend of Zelda WiiU (no title yet) revealed

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jun 10, 2014.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Apparently he's re-canting his earlier statements about it not being Link. Says it was a joke taken out of context.

http://mmgn.com/wiiu/news--that-was-link-in-zelda-wii-u-trailer-aonuma

2. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

Called it!

Also, started playing Wind Waker HD. Great game.

3. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

Knew it :lol: my 60/40 intuition was right. It's somehow a relief, too.

Wind Waker is the only console Zelda game I have not owned and beat. That will change once I get the Wii U.

4. danpluso

danpluso SS.org Regular

It looks cool and I always love a good Zelda game. I just wish it wasn't so futuristic. I'm going to be starting Majora's Mask for the first time pretty soon. Right after I finish Skyward sword. The 3DS Zelda was a little short but surprisingly good. Good trip down memory lane for those who grew up with the overhead zeldas.

5. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

I've already nearly bought a WII-U for Wind Waker HD (but it was too pricey for my budget at £250 for the bundle).

This might just reignite my interest. I LOVE Zelda games! :)

They're clear proof that when Nintendo get it right, they REALLY show the rest of the games world how games can be.

6. timbucktu123

timbucktu123 SS.org Regular

its times like this i love having a wii u :)

7. Alberto7

Alright, so I'm bumping this because, well, this happened:

The world looks friggin' humongous. And so so so so so pretty! And Star Fox Wii U drops even before Zelda U! D: So many exciting news!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  8. yingmin

yingmin Parker über alles

God DAMN that looks good. I probably won't buy a Wii U because I just don't play video games enough to warrant such a purchase, but if I did, I'd snag this post haste. Hell, I bought Skyward Sword maybe a year or two ago, and still haven't even opened it.

9. StevenC

Nintendo might just be able to keep my video game money away from Microsoft for another year, with this and Star Fox next year! I like to play Zelda games all summer, but I doubt this will be out that soon.

Yingmin, you should definitely play SS, it's in my top 3 Zeldas.

10. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

I'd consider SS among the, if not the outright, worst in the series :ugh: Certainly the worst of the 3D console games (OoT/MM/WW/TP/SS) imo. It's one of the only Zelda games that I haven't finished at least twice.

Large open world is a good start. Hopefully it'll be more populated when the game is finished.

11. StevenC

You certainly have a point, and it's not without it's many glaring failures, but I've rarely had so much fun playing a game.

12. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

I'm way way behind the times in consoles and just starting to explore games for the Wii (original) - should I try Twilight Princess before Skyward Sword or just skip straight to SS since it was actually written for the Wii?

13. Alberto7

In terms of gameplay, I found Skyward Sword to be a lot more fun. I actually found the sword swinging mechanics and motion tracking to be very well done, and the tactics involved as a result kept your attention in the game at all times. Story wise, within the whole franchise, it is quite a bit of a novelty, since it presents a pretty cool introduction to the whole series (even if the official timeline is, admittedly, pretty mangled).

However, Twilight Princess felt like much more of an epic. It just felt like a bigger game, partially because of the big, almost-open world, and the graphics. It's also a lot darker and much more moody (SS is quite a happy-go-lucky Zelda game by comparison). Also, the Hidden Skills in TP are honestly some of the coolest, most realest moves Link has ever performed, and they're just outright badass to pull off on enemies (that, and pressing A to put your sword away like a baws right after defeating an enemy. Makes one feel so empowered :lol:).

Also, just as a side note, I enjoyed Twilight Princess a lot more on the Gamecube (I'm also biased, since that was the first version of the game I played, and the one that I own).

14. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

I'll give you that. The motion controls are overall nicely engaging. The biggest issue I had with them iirc is that it automatically re-centers whenever you go to pull out an item. In theory it's a good idea, but you get a ton of pointer drift if you're not aware of it and immediately move to select your item.

Story and environment design though, meh :( Points for making Zelda more than just a distant princess to rescue at least, that's been a nice trend in some of the more recent Zelda games.

Either way's good, though I'd probably play TP first. I actually prefer it on the Wii - the motion controls are rough but still fun, and you get three item slots to the GC version's two. Yay convenience buff! I'm biased much like Alberto though, I played the Wii version first.

15. ferret

ferret Not worthy

So. Turns out I'm getting a WiiU after all. I mean, my kids are getting one. winkwink.

16. asher

asher So Did We

I haven't played SS, but TP on Wii was mechanically the best Zelda I've played, hands down. On top of that I really liked the art style and the darker mood (and Midna :wub:), I found the Wiimote aiming for arrows and such incredibly intuitive and really easy to use. I've not been as good a bow shot in any other Zelda game.

17. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

Looks great to me. Looks like a Nintendo game should, it just has a certain quality to it that lets you know immense time and care was taken in creating the game.

18. StevenC

[​IMG]

Game will include amiibo functionality.

19. Alberto7

Yeah, I got really excited when they showed those 10 seconds of footage. Then I waited 45 minutes for more, and the best thing I got was Pokken Tournament. And the Fire Emblem Fates trilogy (though I shouldn't even be excited, given that I've never played any FE games :lol: but they always look so nice).

And this, of course:
    [​IMG]

20. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I'm really surprised they aren't just holding the new Zelda off for the NX or whatever the new Nintendo system ends up being called.