Late to the show.... (Babymetal)

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
they aren't babies anymore though. not sure if they have personel changes or if original players. they have been around for some time now. I first heard of them about 9 years ago ? maybe more. I like Japanese rock and metal. its got a perspective and flavor not US or European.

evade

enthusiast
Reaction score
Listened to them a lot, not a fan.

Blood Stain Child was the shit 10 years ago for me.

evade

enthusiast
Reaction score
they aren't babies anymore though. not sure if they have personel changes or if original players. they have been around for some time now. I first heard of them about 9 years ago ? maybe more. I like Japanese rock and metal. its got a perspective and flavor not US or European.
Check it

ArtDecade

Shoegazer
Reaction score
I dunno. I love J-Rock/Metal/Pop/[Insert other genres here], but I take a pass on BM. Not for me.

slapnutz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
TBH I'm a big fan. Their first album made me aware of them but Metal Galaxy is what really made me give them a chance with a proper listen rather than having the 'oh its just japan being silly again' mindset. Monster musicianship both in studio and live.

Fav songs are probably, Rondo of Nightmare, Tales of Destinies, The One, From Dusk Till Dawn and finally Shine. But generally enough all their music even though there are plenty other people that just hate them coz its not 'true metal'. Then there are people that simply dont like the music genuinely which is fine too. Would be boring if everyone liked the same thing.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I was a fan, but the music isn't getting any better, and the sound production overall is getting worse. The sudden removal of Yui made me lose interest, as the symmetric choregraphy was one of their thing. Nowadays it's Su, Moa and "the replacement girl", so, meh.
I'd still go watch a live show (seen them 3 times, first was in 2014 if my tour tshirt is correct, time flies) but I'm off the fan bandwagon.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
Metal Galaxy has some very fun tracks on it. I was laughing with joy listening to the 9-string riffing when I first heard Starlight.

I had to order the album from Japan though because for some reason the US/iTunes release was missing one of my favorite songs (BxMxC)

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't care much for Metal Galaxy. I haven't explored many of the songs from Metal Resistance yet, I'm enjoying the self titled album. I expect in the coming weeks I will get more songs from Resistance and Galaxy.

I wish I could find more "modern metal" music without the angry growling singers.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I dig them, but like @Andromalia said, I used to be way more into them. I even got the 3 Funkopop figurines of them, lol. I don't listen to them as much, now. I agree that the music is kind of locked in to that same sound, and not really getting any different.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I dunno. I love J-Rock/Metal/Pop/[Insert other genres here], but I take a pass on BM. Not for me.

Same, but I feel they kinda opened western fans' eyes to other female bands from Japan (I know Babymetal are only female-fronted, but still) that I like more, like Lovebites, Mary's Blood or Band-Maid, so that's good from them.
Or just social media happened, compared to weebs hidden away on their forums a decade ago?