Laney IRT Pulse with Mishas attack overdrive

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by vertibration, Jul 21, 2016.

1. vertibration

vertibration SS.org Regular

Just ordered the IRT pulse to go along with my Attack Overdrive, and M80M. Just wondering if anyone else has tried the pulse.....

Im thinking since I am using the Attack Overdrive, it will give me some needed gain, and the dual AX7 tubes should give me some good chunk into the new Cab Lab Zilla pack I just bought.

Hope it sounds good lol...:shred:

2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

FINALLY someone else who is buying this with the intention of modern sounds. Dude an indepth review video with sounds etc would be much appreciated if you can including showing IF the Pulse can work as a boost pedal infront of an already distorted amp sound. (so pulse like gain nothing, level full and eq to taste etc)

:bowdown: would do anything to see such reviews before I pull the trigger next month on one. Im hoping to use it infront of both my Engl tube rack and my Kemper depending on what Im using at the time etc.

3. vertibration

I would get the Misha attack overdrive for what you are looking for, I think you will be sorely disappointed if you use the Pulse as a drive. I dont have a tube amp, and I am sick of plug ins, so thats why I got the pulse. I would not have got the pulse if I did not have a drive to give me tighter distortion, so because I have the Misha attack overdrive, I got the pulse.

You have a great setup, that most would die for. The Misha Attack Overdrive can be put into either amp, ENGL or Kemper, and absolutely sounds destructive. I think the Pulse might not give you what you want man, just my honest opinion. I will however try and post a youtube video when I have the time

4. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

i Do have loads of proper boosts already. (maxon od808, VFE Focus (nolly designed) etc) and Laney claim it works as a pedal infront of a distorted amp so thats why Im curious you see :yesway:

thanks on the vid. Much appreciated!

5. vertibration

Dude.....I just got the Pulse, and it sounds sick man. However, you gotta def have an OD, and a good thick IR. Very chunky.

Ok, so I think its good to try as a boost, but I cant really offer much advice because I dont have a tube amp to set it up the way you wanna set it up.

I use the Pulse as my main amp, and the Attack OD to clean it up

6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

man thats awesome. Good to hear!. Ive been really impressed with the videos ive seen of it. Cant wait to get one. I do actually own a Torpedo Cab IR load box too so if this Pulse really does work as an "amp" I could literally make up a pedalboard only rig for smaller shows.

Guitar > Noise gate > MaxonOD > Pulse > Torpedo CAB > PA

7. vertibration

Yea, that is a good set up for sure. Its compact but will sound massive.