Kiesel --- Never Again!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by MetalHead40, Mar 7, 2017.

1. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

Or they are ignoring you because this is what happens to people who have shit happen to them.

noise in my mind and Hollowway like this.
  2. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

Eh, not always. I got charged 6x over for something that I had used my debit on, and my bank did precisely dick. That’s why I always recommend not using debit. Banks may or may not step up. Credit card companies are more likely to, IME.

3. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

I have GAS for a Vader 6 in Candy Tangerine, but then always think about this thread and find myself not wanting to order. I'm sure they get some great guitars out, but why run the risk of all this drama happening to you when there are a lot of reputable and standup companies out there?

4. adrianb

adrianb SS.org Regular

My situation, too. I had actually been exchanging email with one of their sales guys because i was set on buying a Vader, but at one point during our email conversation i asked some questions and he never answered and never got back in touch. I guess i dodged a bullet there.

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Every situation is a little different. It really depends on the card.

I know Visa and Mastercard both have policies about the amount of time banks can sit on issues with a debit card associated with that network. For instance, if you're not getting anywhere with your bank, and the card is a Visa debit, they [Visa] will put pressure on the bank as their agreement stipulates that fraud needs to be resolved within five business days and must meet their standards. I believe Mastercard is 7 days.

But yeah, credit cards are the way to go if you want the most protection immediately.

6. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

That's why I said "not always". Sometimes they come through, sometimes not. That's why credit cards are safer to use, especially in this type of situation.

7. noise in my mind

noise in my mind SS.org Regular

So I am told now that my guitar is done being fixed and is being shipped out tomorrow. We shall see.......

8. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

Hope everything works out for you, man!

noise in my mind likes this.
  9. noise in my mind

So the guitar did not ship out. So I am still in the dark at this point. They said they will let me know when it ships out, but who knows when that will happen.

10. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Local pickup only.

11. noise in my mind

HA!

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  12. jwguitar

jwguitar SS.org Regular

I am really sorry you had to go thru that. I am actually surprised to see that Kiesel made such a poor quality instrument. I have heard in the past their customer service was lacking but I always thought they made excellent guitars. I would have to think twice about purchasing one of their guitars now.

13. jwguitar

jwguitar SS.org Regular

I am really sorry you had to go thru that. I am actually surprised to see that Kiesel made such a poor quality instrument. I have heard in the past their customer service was lacking but I always thought they made excellent guitars. I would have to think twice about purchasing one of their guitars now.

14. noise in my mind

Ok so I got my guitar back today after over a month of waiting. Still has the paint chip on the end of the headstock and still has blonde streaking on the fingerboard (when I paid extra for the dark option). Some of the frets still buzz, but they are better than before. The marks on the fingerboard they filled are less noticeable, but you can still see them. I emailed them photos. We will see what they say.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  15. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

The board looks a little dry. Try lemon oil and it will darken it a lot.

noise in my mind likes this.
  16. noise in my mind

Ok, So I just got an email back from Kiesel and they told me basically to fuck off. Fuck this company.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Ribboz, Matt08642, AxeHappy and 2 others like this.
  17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Everything we've seen thus far has pointed to returning the guitar for a full refund is preferable to letting the hacks over there "fix" anything.

There is absolutely no way they were going to actually fix any of those issues. Too much work for a shop setup for line production and not actual luthiers/repair techs.

Ribboz, Wolfhorsky, Matt08642 and 6 others like this.
  18. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Push for a return and never look back, you should have pushed for a rebuild since fixing those issues like Max pointed out is a little impossible. Expecting a fix in this way is a pretty sure fire way to get the shit end of the stick unfortunately. What did their email tell you? I doubt they told you to literally fuck off, but I'd be interested in the verbiage.

19. noise in my mind

Here is the email response:
    "The headstock was repaired; the tip must be rubbing against the inside of the case which could be what is contributing to this issue. Ebony wood is naturally streaky in nature and is not all black. Ebony fretboards must either be dyed or painted black in order to have a uniform solid black color. The option code of EFB on your invoice denotes a less color variant option, which is why there are streaks in the ebony. This is actually correct according to the order and the nature of the option itself. "

20. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, I actually really like Kiesel instruments, but am scared about buying one as a custom. I've had one bad experience with them, and a few good ones prior to the name change, etc. But these days, I'm only buying them used. At least that way I can see them first, and dispute anything through paypal.

Musiscience and noise in my mind like this.