Kiesel 26.5 7 string?

mniel8195

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know this has been covered in the past. Just looking for an update. Will Kiesel do a 26.5 7 string? If so what is the upcharge and limitation to models? Thank you.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As far as I know, they've not done it. Every extended-scale 7 I've seen from them is 27".

Some of their sixes are available in 26.5, but not sevens.

If you just were asking about extended scale length 7-strings, it's optional on all of these models:
Vader
K Series
Delos
Aries
Aries Neck-Through
DC
SCB7
Solo
I also believe the Crescent, but not 100% sure. 99.44% sure, though.

If you're open to multiscale which on 7-strings is 25.5-27, with 9th parallel fret:
Ultra V (off-menu)
Zeus Acoustic (off menu)
Aries
Aries NT
Zeus
Osiris
Vader
DC
K Series
Headless K series
SCB
Vanquish
Crescent
Solo
Theos
Type X
Hyperdrive
Lightspeed

edit: I suppose it's possible they might do it as a custom with a programming fee, but since it would take re-designing a few parts, I'd expect it to be close to that "$500 programming fee" that gets mentioned every once in a while, and even then, they generally only "bite" if it's something they halfway wanted to do anyway.

Last edited:

mniel8195

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve seen an Aires in a 26.5 scale in a 7. Not sure why they don’t offer it.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve seen an Aires in a 26.5 scale in a 7. Not sure why they don’t offer it.
I've seen reverb and ebay listing that mention it, but I think they are mistaken.

For example, this one mentions. 26.5" scale 7-string. But...they also mention Hipshot tuners...which Kiesel's tuners are not. They are mistaken about one spec, so it's entirely reasonable that they might be mistaken about another. Kiesel's website has often been a source for some of this confusion, when it only list's some specs (like scale length, nut width, etc) for the 6-string version, but not for the 7, 8, or multiscale versions.

For your second question, i think it just comes down to that they don't think it'd be worth the investment to redesign an instrument for a scale length difference so small. As far as I know, they've only ever offered different scale length options .5" apart, on the same model, in a couple of cases...but only one of them was to go shorter, and it was only to hit a specific "tradition". And they are both 6-string. The first is the SCB, which was availble for decades as a 25" and then they added 25.5" when all of their other new models were being launched as 25.5". The second one actually really surprised me: the CS3/CS6 model, which was 25" since it launched in the late/mid 2000s, got a 24.75" scale length to appease the "Gibson scale" purists.

Last edited:

mniel8195

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've seen reverb and ebay listing that mention it, but I think they are mistaken.

For example, this one mentions. 26.5" scale 7-string. But...they also mention Hipshot tuners...which Kiesel's tuners are not. They are mistaken about one spec, so it's entirely reasonable that they might be mistaken about another. Kiesel's website has often been a source for some of this confusion, when it only list's some specs (like scale length, nut width, etc) for the 6-string version, but not for the 7, 8, or multiscale versions.

For your second question, i think it just comes down to that they don't think it'd be worth the investment to redesign an instrument for a scale length difference so small. As far as I know, they've only ever offered different scale length options .5" apart, on the same model, in a couple of cases...but only one of them was to go shorter, and it was only to hit a specific "tradition". And they are both 6-string. The first is the SCB, which was availble for decades as a 25" and then they added 25.5" when all of their other new models were being launched as 25.5". The second one actually really surprised me: the CS3/CS6 model, which was 25" since it launched in the late/mid 2000s, got a 24.75" scale length to appease the "Gibson scale" purists.
Got it