lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone happen to have profiles of the Axe FX Tone matches of like Meshuggah and other bands that were done a while back?

Smoked Porter

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm about to install the update. Looks like the new delays are put off until 5.0 though. Wahh. Oh well, still nice to have them in more than one slot now.

Joe Harvatt

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The new strobe tuner is great. I found the bubble level one a bit gimmicky and slow to react, so it's great to have that updated. Also, start up time seems to be a bit faster, or did I imagine that?

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
oh wow there is an update out?. I must of totally missed that. I will get on that today. Has it bettered the tone in anyway?

jerm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
lewis, I have some free axe fx 2 profiles that were made a while ago. A bunch of them are Periphery tones, one of the clean tones in particular is really awesome.

PM me and I can send you them by email or something.

Rich5150

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn lewis. That sounds great. What guitar did you use? Which kpa profiles?

Ibanez ARZ307 - Stock pickups - Drop Ab open tuning.

Rhythms are quad tracked. 2 of the guitars are a ENGL Powerball profile the other 2 are Engl E530 preamp profile. Then blended to taste.
solo tone is a profile of a Soldano Hot rod merged profile.

:yesway:
and thanks man haha I worked hard on tones.
Bass was 3 profiles blended. DI and 2 different darkglass profiles, again blended to taste.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Hell. Yes.

Clips and songs incoming.

gUsCQgy.jpg

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so a new plan for band practice.

run 1 output of the Kemper to a poweramp into a Cabinet, and another output going to the drummers/vocalists in ears.

Im hoping that not using the PA for guitar at the loud practice room volumes will stop the feedback/ring/reflection problem I get on the tail of all the djenty/staccato riffs.

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally finished my album and re-recorded it entirely with the kemper (guitar & bass).
I thought I might share it here as it's pretty difficult to find complete album recorded with the kemper (compared to the axe-fx).

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to play around with this thing after being out of town.

It. Is. AWESOME.

Playing: kemperTest.mp3 - picosong

A quick clip with Superior Drummer, an RG1570 with a Super Distortion in it and a Sterling Sub 5 string. Not happy with the bass tone yet (it's an EZ Mix preset) but holy moley the guitar! I'm loving it for sure.

EDIT: and another one, this time with an Agile 828 with a Pegasus / Sentient set.

http://picosong.com/BsEw/

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
when dialing in modern progressive tones, how are people dealing with that fizz without taking away the clarity. Are you trying to dial it out in the Kempers blocks pre/post?. Or do you leave the tones as is, and try to dial it out in the DAW?

Im currently using a Deathbar on my 8 string and it can get fizzy. From 4k up, pretty easily. Just wondered how you guys deal with it.

also when tracking rhythm guitars, are peeps getting better results using say 2 different guitars and say quad tracking? (1 guitar each side panned) or just 1 guitar double or quad tracked etc?

curious