Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by adrock, Jan 7, 2011.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pointy purveyor

yup STL and mattfig profiles suck.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  2. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

You can try my Indian Savage Rage profile on the rig exchange if you'd like, it's free.

Mathemagician and DudeManBrother like this.
  3. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Dont know about the axe fx 3 but it sounds and feels infintely better than the Axe Fx II amps/modelling.

I expected my ax8 to be on par with my kemper and be my fly show soloution. Just couldnt get on with it so sold it. Nothing ive tried/heard, beats the kemper

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Everyone goes on about how "outdated" the Kemper is, but the reality is it can still hold its own with the current crop of high end digital gear.

That said, it's not really fair to compare it to modelers like the AxeFx. For either product.

If the Kemper sounds bad, you're using the wrong profile. If the AxeFx (or Helix) sounds bad, you need to adjust the settings. Those are two very different things. It's also why folks who don't like modelers like the Kemper and why folks who like modelers don't really get along with it.

5. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

Since the profiles all come from different sources I would have to politely disagree here.

I would explicitly recommend the Lasse Lammert Bundle here.
    You can download the predecessor directly from Kemper and you definitely won't make any mistakes if you like the flavour to buy his "STL" bundle.

I, for example, can absolutely not deal with the often recommended and praised SinMix stuff, neither in terms of sound, nor would I give him any financial support because of how he presents himself.

6. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

Aw, Sinmix can be a bit abrasive, but he's just a regular person by my book, and that includes doing and saying some stupid stuff sometimes. Nothing none of us aren't guilty of.

I think a lot of the hate of him stems from the fact that he was one of the people who were saying early on that the Kemper has a "signature tone" and that real amps were better. Attracted a tonne of haters on the forums, guys who would follow him on to other forums and eventually led to him being kicked off through routine harassment. I know of another guy who was just friends with Sinmix and had to get off the net due to the harassment, so take that for what it's worth.

His profiles are also pretty damn good. I also like Lasse Lammert's free profiles, they're really good.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  7. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

I forgot Lasse Lammert did a pack with him. I would bet that one is probably worth. The Will Putney and whatever else I bought was awful though. The "pre-mixed" ones are so odd.

8. KnightBrolaire

yeah I had the northlane packs. They sounded like crap imo.

9. Akhenat0n

Akhenat0n SS.org Regular

Guys what kind of audio interface would you recommend for recording purposes only? I want to be able to monitor through the headphones, as well as record at the same time, all in stereo. I've already tried to set it up this way through my POD HD500, but that does not seem to work for me unfortunately, or maybe I just cannot figure it out. Would the Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen solve this? Tnx in advance!

10. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Yeah you can use the 3rd gen 2i2 to do what you’re trying to do. I think you’d get the best results with the Apollo Twin, but it’s substantially more expensive.

Akhenat0n likes this.
  11. Akhenat0n

Akhenat0n SS.org Regular

Apollo Twin is way over my budget at the moment :)

I couldn't achieve the same result with the 3rd gen 2i2 SOLO since it has only one input, could I? All I want is to record my ideas the same way I hear it through the Kempers headphone output, that said fully stereo and with minimal to no latency, if you know what I'm tryin' to say?

12. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Right. The solo is just a single input, so if you’re using stereo delays, or the ability to track a wet Kemper track and a DI simultaneously, then you’d want 2 inputs like the regular 2i2.

Akhenat0n likes this.
  13. Akhenat0n

Akhenat0n SS.org Regular

Thank you very much good man, I think I'm ordering the regular 2i2 tonight. :) I owe you one

DudeManBrother likes this.
  14. ascl

ascl SS.org Regular

I am pumped for it! Can't wait.

Dead-Pan likes this.
  15. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Ive seen Mick Thomson is with Omega amps now.

Any word on profiles or anything from his amp? The rig rundown looked sweet and im interested to hear how it might compare to his Rivera. Apparently it cuts better live?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  16. KnightBrolaire

omega did a bunch of profiles a while back. check their website. The Omega stuff cuts like a knife live. It had as much cut as Gojira's 5153s do live (which is a metric shitton).

lewis likes this.
  17. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Oooh damn thanks for the headsup dude.

Going to be switching to Drop B too so seems a perfect thing to look into.
    Is Micks head like a new sig model or is it just one of the cool existing amps offered in the profile pack?

Will head there now and take a look

18. KnightBrolaire

he's just using their existing products. obsidian and iridium together iirc

lewis likes this.
  19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

HOLY COW

Payday cant come soon enough. These profiles sound exactly like the amp from other clips ive seen and heard and just amazing in general.
    Feel like after i buy this pack i might aswell delete all my other stuff and just use these.

20. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I need to sit here and work backwards through the thread trying various profiles. So much of the included stuff already sounded so good that I was like “fucking finally, one amp, all the tones.” I’m looking forward to trying some of the better high gain stuff. But the cleans especially who knew amps could sound that pretty?

I just turned off IR modeling as I’m running mine through a 212.

lewis likes this.