Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by adrock, Jan 7, 2011.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Build the Wall of Sound™

They all felt bland/muddy to me and required a lot of tweaking to get a decent live sound imo. especially when comparing profiles of the same amps that other companies/people have uploaded. If you like them then more power to you. I got them and felt like they weren't worth the money.
    Check out the free stuff from Sinmix/Reampzone/Cililab/WarmChordMusic/Thumas/PeteTurley

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Seconding Reamp Zone. :agreed:

lewis likes this.
  3. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

ReampZone, Double Impact Productions, Josh Middleton (of Sylosis and Architects)
    Those were some of my favorites

4. klinic

klinic SS.org Regular

Ooh, those Josh Middleton tones are extremely appealing! I'm not 100% sold on ReampZone and Double Impact, mostly because the demos weren't particularly well produced. But I listened to the demos of the STL stuff and they sounded pretty shocking as well, and they were mostly covered up by talking, as if they didn't want you to hear too much. It's odd, because I REALLY liked the tones I played through in person. Going to check out the free profiles and most likely buy the Josh Middleton ones! Thanks for the recommendations!

5. LeviathanKiller

Yeah, Josh Middletons were my top favorite. I wish I would have started my profile purchasing there (and therefore ended my search).
    He makes good demos AND he's used them on albums. It's a no-brainer trying to determine the quality.

If you get them, disable the custom EQs he has active if you want a less "produced" sound. It's a completely different feel so it's like you get double the presets. He mentions it himself somewhere but all of the cabs are unique to each profile as well so you can mix and match giving you (# of AMPS) x (# of CABS) amount of profiles. I think there was like 40 in the first pack so that equates to like 1600 unique combos. Pretty sweet deal since he's only charging like $50 USD. STL Tones is WAY overpriced and while some of them were good (I had the Will Putney pack), many of them were not.

6. nateispro

nateispro SS.org Regular

I love the Josh Middleton stuff! I also really am enjoying the American Metal Pack from Replicant Audio. Zach from Whitechapel did them and they really kill. My kemper came with the Northlane and Will Putney packs. I only use the cleans from the Northlane pack. The Will Putney pack has been a huge letdown. They are all really muddy or insanely tinny. I cant EQ them to get a good sound like his albums. Id save the money on these two packs and go for Replicant/Josh Middleton/Ive also had good luck with Tonecrate, the Alex Wade pack took very little tweaking to get huge tones!

7. nateispro

nateispro SS.org Regular

I just bought the Live Ready Sound Shuggah Kemper pack and holy hell. There are HUNDREDS of profiles in here. It sounds super good and handles my 8 string really well I think!

USMarine75 likes this.
  8. klinic

klinic SS.org Regular

Damn that's heavy! Reminds me that I haven't gotten my 8 out in over a year! :eek:

nateispro likes this.
  9. USMarine75

USMarine75 Plays Authentic ® Contributor

Wow just checked out their site and those demos all sound really good. Makes me wish I went with that over the GGD -All the Gains pack.

nateispro likes this.
  10. nateispro

nateispro SS.org Regular

Don't let it be neglected! Haha I'm surprised with how heavy it came out to be considering it's only a left and right track with no bass!

I have not heard a single thing about that GGD pack. AT ALL. I kind of steered away from it for that reason, I'm really happy with these Live Ready Sound profiles!

USMarine75 likes this.
  11. klinic

klinic SS.org Regular

Getting a lot of mileage out of the Double Impact free presets at the moment. Going to be my first time testing out the Kemper with my old midi controller in rehearsal today. Probably going to pick up the Josh Middleton packs ASAP, but I might also pick up the Double Impact ones depending on how tonight goes!

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that there was no bass. Really nice!

12. ikarus

ikarus SS.org Regular

Do you guys recommend the 1 or 2 bundle from Josh Middleton? I dont think I can buy both...

13. LeviathanKiller

I'd probably go with number 2. I have no doubt Josh has improved on making profiles since pack 1 so they'll most likely be even better than pack 1 (which is still amazing). I only got to try 3 of the pack 2 profiles but they were great. I'm pretty sure pack 2 has more profiles than pack 1 does as well.

ikarus likes this.
  14. ikarus

ikarus SS.org Regular

thanks for your help, I just bought pack #2...

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  15. klinic

klinic SS.org Regular

I’ve never had such a good response to my tone like I have last night with the Kemper with a pack of free profile samples and next to zero editing times. I’m also going to grab pack 2 from Josh Middleton. Variety seems a lot better than pack 1.

Post ya tonez! Would love to hear what you come up with!

lewis likes this.
  16. død

død SS.org Regular

I highly recommend the Powered by Omega profiles, I have and use the DI pack for my main rhythm sound, sounds mean as hell through my Mesa Fifty/Fifty and Zilla 2x12.

17. klinic

klinic SS.org Regular

I have so many profile packs to check out. I should have anticipated this before I blew my life savings on a kemper. oh well! Hopefully I’ll save money by not buying new amps! Not likely...

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  18. InHiding

InHiding SS.org Regular

There's a free profile called Nitro Klon Boost (Splawn Nitro setup) you can get from Rig Exchange. I really like that one :)

19. arasys

arasys SS.org Regular

on kemper forums there's a filter that lists the topics based on likes; go to Free rigs and profiles subsection, hit the filter (it's on left corner, hit Last Reply to choose Likes) so you can see some of the hidden gems there too.

20. nateispro

nateispro SS.org Regular

Here is another one for you guys. These are some of the D.I profiles from the Omega Ampworks guys. The Obsidian is on the left and the Iridium is on the right. I LOVE these packs for downtuned metal. I had a Marshall 1960 cab from the Replicant Titan pack that is perfect with these. These may be my favorite metal profiles so far!