Keith Merrow leaves S7

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Check this for more images and comments:
https://www.facebook.com/keith.merrow1/posts/574128132615890

I get a ton of emails asking me what happened to my "sig model" guitar with a certain brand. That, or wanting me to help them spec a guitar from said brand. I try so hard to avoid it, honestly. I'm trying to remain as diplomatic as possible, but at the same time, I'm not going to lie to my friends and followers. I left this company because I can't put my name on any product that I don't believe in. So, if you really need me to help you make an informed decision, have a look for yourself. I'm not trying to cause any drama, just keeping it real. So many people these days are saving up their hard earned cash to order a custom guitar. Make sure you do ample research before you pull the trigger. Just sharing my experience. I may have just had bad luck, as there are many happy owners of these instruments. But, two defective guitars in a row is enough for me.

It was a very exciting idea that just didn't end well. Bums me out, because I truly like that whole crew.

But, so many people have asked me what the deal is... so there you have it.

558133_574118895950147_1979407307_n.jpg

:scratch:

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Well there goes Strictly 7's reputation... haha. My friend is on the list to get a Boden, I think this might discourage him. He owned a cobra 8 and wasn't very impressed with it but they seem to be a good company. I'm surprised they would let these kind of craft issues pass inspection. I wish them luck, Keith has a lot of followers so this is a big blow to their company :/

Overtone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But what about their glorious CNC machine? :lol:

Good for him for having the guts to speak his mind instead of keeping quiet so as not to jeopardize future rides on the custom endorsements gravytrain. Not to mention giving up potential income on the sig model.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
:ugh:

556021_574116622617041_1143457191_n.jpg

Well there goes Strictly 7's reputation...

Strictly 7's reputation kinda sucked before this, well, except for people that only played really cheap guitars before.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Strictly 7's reputation kinda sucked before this, well, except for people that only played really cheap guitars before.

+1

I never liked the way they look, neither the name they chose to sport as a company. So many shitty builders acting pro luthiers.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I never liked their guitars, and I never really knew about their quality flaws until now. More reason not to like them now.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I just went on the S7 sight and noticed that the Chimp Spanner sig is gone, and so is the DL signature..... also thought it previously mentioned a Josh Travis signature too in the past.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
i know they are redoing the site but is till see josh and allan etc on the artist section of the site

feilong29

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been VERY curious as to why he hasn't been playing his signature or endorsing them... I will say that the Strictly 7 I had was pretty nice, but, the ONLY person I see playing their guitar(s) is Ola Englund... oh well, nice to hear a first hand account from someone credible and influential. And their site has been in 'upgrade' for a while now.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I think Keith said he put an end to his model a while ago. I vaguely remember that, anyway.

Listen, I've had some really cool Strictly 7's, but I would still rather have almost any Prestige I've played.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
so so glad I held off, going S7 route. something just didn't sit right, even though Jim is as nice as a pot 'o gold.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I think its good Merrow is honest about this stuff. I know he isn't generally a whiny, so he probably thought this move through.

Anyway, I never liked the heel of the S7's I saw. I've seen some nice guitars coming from them, but it's always just pictures. It's a total different thing to live the guitar and feel it over the course of a year. Apparently, this is what happens..

Very sad

sell2792

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Didn't this happen like months ago? His sig looked sick, but I can't believe they'd send him a lemon, let alone two.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
This was probably the nail to the coffin for S7, sad to say. I still don't understand why Ola is dealing with them, let alone trusting his design with them.

GXPO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I remember him stating that they had different expectations a few months ago. Like, they expected him to play the guitar in his vids and he expected it to not fall apart.. Shame really, the white Ola Sig is sexy.

C-PIG

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i played a friends s7 cobra brand new fret work was horrible he needed to get it sent out to get completely leveled . merrow is a stand up guy for trying not to put down s7 but really they should have made sure those guitars were top notch before they left the factory .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts