K720/Apex 30 Thread

Would you buy a new K7 if it went back into regular production?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
I was disappointed to see the APEX 200 discontinued. That is one of the best 7 strings I have personally played. I was eyeing getting one for a while, but never pulled the trigger. I will resume a search for that or a Firespeak Blue K7 next year though. I really dug how the APEX 200 had the Blaze single in the neck position too.

Apex200 was my fav of all the Ibanez 7s I've owned. Personally love the block heel. Plus an alder body and the wider/modern 7-string neck.

Geetarguy

27inchScale
Contributor
Reaction score
My wish would be for a K7 in all white as well as a green would be cool. Not Apex 2 green, more neon green.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They only made 28, according to a dealer.

Only 28 were tendered to dealers. Head* and Munky were given the other two, for a total run of 30 (30 for the 30th anniversary). At least that's what the plan was way back in spring, not sure what the actual final will be. Ibanez can be weird about production counts.

* I was told they were going to the artists, whether Head's current endorsement with ESP plays a role, I don't know. Perhaps his was given to Munky as well, or the band as a whole. I never bothered to get clarification here.

Geetarguy

27inchScale
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm the Ibanez website now lists the Ibanez K720TH 01.... whats with the 01? That wasnt on the site before... I loved MaxofMetals breakdown that Head/Munky both get one. Thats so cool and appropriate. Head did help design it. Hope the K7 comes back as a new production model personally.

korn24

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hmmm the Ibanez website now lists the Ibanez K720TH 01.... whats with the 01? That wasnt on the site before... I loved MaxofMetals breakdown that Head/Munky both get one. Thats so cool and appropriate. Head did help design it. Hope the K7 comes back as a new production model personally.
every guitar in archive has now 01,02 or 03. i think that means nothing.

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
Haven't posted much, but I picked this one up a month or so ago. I've been on a gold hardware kick for a while and I love dark grey so I couldn't pass this up. Setup out of the box left a lot to be desired, and the fretboard was dry as hell when I received it. PAFs are hot garbage so I ripped those out immediately in favor of blaze/evo combo. Once I got that all set up, it quickly became my number 1. I'm not a huge Korn fan by any means and could do without the k7 inlay, but it's barely noticeable. That said, this guitar is top notch and plays like butter.

Geetarguy

27inchScale
Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't posted much, but I picked this one up a month or so ago. I've been on a gold hardware kick for a while and I love dark grey so I couldn't pass this up. Setup out of the box left a lot to be desired, and the fretboard was dry as hell when I received it. PAFs are hot garbage so I ripped those out immediately in favor of blaze/evo combo. Once I got that all set up, it quickly became my number 1. I'm not a huge Korn fan by any means and could do without the k7 inlay, but it's barely noticeable. That said, this guitar is top notch and plays like butter.

could you post or send me a few photos? I wonder if it has the same binding as the original K7 on neck and heafstock.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Cool to see Munk do some lead work in the AIC cover vid. I'd like to see him and Head do a proper back-n-forth guitar solo on a Korn track one of these days.

Geetarguy

27inchScale
Contributor
Reaction score
Its a bummer for me it doesnt have the pearl neck binding and luminlays. But still a beautiful instrument none the less

hilljack13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I ordered one of these from a reputable dealer. Has anyone seen these in stock? I have found one listed in a Taiwan site, but nothing else. Ibanez website shows these were built in sept/oct of 2020 so they should already be with the dealers. Thoughts?