Just bought a Fender on ebay

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by TheManInBlack, Jun 8, 2008.

1. TheManInBlack

TheManInBlack Well-Known Member

this is probably the first time ive actually gotten anything on ebay at a considerable discount.

its a Fender Classic Players 60s Stratocaster. its in 3 tone sunburst. i figured since i have my ibby 7321, ec1000, and ibby acoustic/electric guitar that i needed to get a stratocaster to round out the lineup. i originally was just gonna pickup the standard mexi strat for around 400 bones. i was looking on ebay one day and just searched for stratocasters with sunburst finishes. this sweet jem popped up in the list. street price on these things is $799 i believe according to musicians friend and guitar center. i went to the local guitar center and they didnt have one on hand for me to check out so i went to the web to research. what i came up with is that its a well made mexican strat but with lots of added features. this thing is damn nice. 69 custom shop strat pickups, mint guard, aged knobs. it has a flatter fretboard radius..12" i believe. it has a real nice gloss neck finish. the body finish is pretty sweet. you can see the grain of the wood real clear as a posed to the "brown sunburst" found on standard models. ive read on alot of reviews for this guitar that they prefer it over the american standard. to each is thier own though...soo....how much did i score this guitar for u ask? well as luck may have it on this occasion i managed to get it for $555 shipped...i think it was a steal. the guy said it was mint and yea alot of people throw that word around.

the guitar came in...had the fender tag on the gig bag still. pulled it out of the case and it was nothing short of mint. the trem arm had never been installed because it was still in the bag that contained the owners manual and the usual tags. was real surprised to see that honestly.

it sounds like classic fender at its best. ive never been much on fender tone but this one sounds pretty sweet.

talk time over lol..heres a few photos i took. quality is a little crappy but it gives u an idea of the guitar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mattmc74 and Shawn like this.
  2. Hate

Hate SS.org Regular

That thing looks sweet man. I've had some bad Fender gas lately but I can't justify buying one since I can't stand single coils.

3. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

Then buy one with a humbucker in the bridge. Or you could install something like a JB Jr in a regular SSS Strat.

4. TheManInBlack

TheManInBlack Well-Known Member

ive felt the same way about single coils but thats why i have the esp ec1000 and the ibby RG7321 for. this one is mostly gonna be on the jimi like sound duty. also works great for SRV and some kenny wayne shepherd band stuff. good blues tone. could throw a like a hot rails in the bridge to get a heavier crunch in the bridge position though...

5. Shawn

Shawn ESP • Ibanez Forum MVP

Beautiful Strat. Nice score! :hbang:

6. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

Cant go wrong with a Fender Strat :yesway:

7. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

:yesway: Nice score. I like strats but I never really dug pickguards so I bought a Showmaster!!:hbang: You can never go wrong with a good strat!:yesway:

8. the.godfather

the.godfather Mr. Flibble

Nice score dude. It looks like a good one from the pics! :yesway:

9. Se7enMeister

Se7enMeister *Likes Basswood*

that burst is godly