Just A Rant...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Opeth666, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

Get out, citizen of America's Hat.

2. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

3. Opeth666

Opeth666 SS.org Regular

4. JBroll

JBroll Hard-On For Freedomâ„¢ Contributor

Are you kidding? Have you any idea just how German the Hill Country is? They have their own damned *dialect* of German!

Opeth666... move to a real city. Judging Texas from that one city makes no sense, come by San Antonio for a city that doesn't suck.

Jeff

5. 6o66er

6o66er Awful Jack-ass

Try moving to Phoenix. You'll love Texas.

I'm moving to Pearland next year...I CANNOT WAIT to get out of this damn valley. I love Texas. It's green, the people are MUCH friendlier than here by far, and everyone isn't crammed into one tiny, overcrowded, over polluted HOLE that feels like a convection oven 10 months out of 12. And I wouldn't gripe about the music scene...from what I've heard and seen of southern Texas their scene is not that bad. For Phoenix being as big as it is, I can literally count on two hands with fingers to spare how many GOOD band there are here.

I LOVE Texas. :D

6. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

7. Rayne Mann

Rayne Mann SS.org Regular

Is it true that only steers and queers come from Texas?

8. windu

windu SS.org Regular

dude corpus isnt that bad at all
    where do you live? north side? lol
    and yea the music scene is shit full of high school bands, but have you checked out bands like laoric? periwinkle massacre? that IAM dead? or the yellow impurity (wink wink haha)

south side corpus and ocean drive area are very nice.

9. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

If you think Texas sucks, move to Michigan( Flint,saginaw) for a while and we will see how long it takes you to move back home.

10. windu

windu SS.org Regular

and rayne, youd be suprised, theres not very many steers around here lol. unless your on the interstate and further down south (or katie texas lol)

dude hit up hunan express on everheart, best place for chinese food this side of texas, and you aint lying about the tai food, its the bombdiggity.

11. Rayne Mann

Rayne Mann SS.org Regular

Well, you sure don't look like no steer! :lol:

12. windu

windu SS.org Regular

classic gunnery sergeant hartman haha

13. Opeth666

Opeth666 SS.org Regular

lol i actually live on santa fe between texan and doddridge across from the church parallel to ocean drive no im not on the north side haha.

but damn man ive tried every chinese food place in corpus and the only place ive found that is somewhat good is Hua Tai on Alameda.

and those bands youve listed are mehhh... actually im going to go see the periwinkle massacre play at Zeros on Feb 5th with non other than Original Iron Maiden from man Paul Di Anno! :shred::shred::shred::shred::shred::shred:

also surprised there's someone else from corpus on here other than me, hails brotha!

14. Rick

Tis quite awesome. Send a PM when you get here. :metal:

Periwinkle Massacre is the shit, they'll be here in Austin in February (I think).

15. Opeth666

Opeth666 SS.org Regular

ehh not too big on Periwinkles sound...the only bands that ive caught some interest in whatsoever from texas...so far that is is...Killamora, Laoric, Cyndrom, and DEADRISING (this band is fucking sick).

16. windu

windu SS.org Regular

yea dead rising is pretty sick. matt from periwinkle can fucking shred bro! that iam dead is good for some nice groovy grind. and im good buddies with laoric, they are sick. we played our first show on the 23rd with them. they fucking loved us lol.

and you like killamora? im not a fan. but then again thev been around since the dark ages lol

hail indeed brotha! also check out

myspace.com/youthdeceiver

good buddies with them. there singer and guitarist is gonna be joining my band
    (shamless plug lol) my band myspace.com/theyellowimpurity

and upon a burning body, they just got signed by sumerian, im a big fan of this band

btw have you tried hu dat on staples and saratoga? (its owned by dat nyguen of the dallas cowboys! was a offensive tackle, now hes the linebacker couch lol, im a geek)

17. Opeth666

Opeth666 SS.org Regular

Fabian and I were going to start a band when i first moved down here in 08 but that fell through, and im good friends with tony of killamora, periwinkle has got this emo essence to me. atleast from what ive heard on their myspace.

and i havnt been to hudat yet but my family likes it... IMO screw american football! we need more soccer! lol.

18. Rick

Dat Ngyuen was a linebacker in college.

Anyway, some decent bands out there, thanks Albert!

19. windu

windu SS.org Regular

yea iv jammed with fabian quite a bit, i was in when empires fails a long time ago, and he was in embrace the ashes, afterwards we started jamming but it fell through lol.

hes a funny dude, and i love american football! but soccorr (futball) is just as fun to watch! hell i get tired and start breathing heavy when i watch it! lol

no prob rick!

btw upon a burning body did a cover of pantera, its pretty sick.

periwinkle may seem kinda emo, but they do have some pretty heavy songs that arnt on the player.

and rick, he was also the first vietnamese to play in the nfl in america i beleive.

20. windu

windu SS.org Regular

yea iv jammed with fabian quite a bit, i was in when empires fails a long time ago, and he was in embrace the ashes, afterwards we started jamming but it fell through lol.

hes a funny dude, and i love american football! but soccorr (futball) is just as fun to watch! hell i get tired and start breathing heavy when i watch it! lol

no prob rick!

btw upon a burning body did a cover of pantera, its pretty sick.

periwinkle may seem kinda emo, but they do have some pretty heavy songs that arnt on the player.

and rick, he was also the first vietnamese to play in the nfl in america i beleive.