John Browne's Injury?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by wootsmitty, Sep 25, 2020.

1. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

SOmebody has been listening to Jordan Peterson's daughter...

Do not do it. Its a ridiculous diet.

2. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Lot's of weed might help you feel better. At least it's better for you than drinkin yourself to death plus it actually reduces inflamation rather than just masking the pain.

aesthyrian and zappatton2 like this.
  3. p88

p88 SS.org Regular

I've not tried this diet, and I've only really just heard about it.

Can you please let me know what's wrong it, and what's wrong with this persons daughter, as I've only heard people rave about it?

To be clear: I'm not defending anything...especially something I don't know anything about!

4. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

Mikaela (spelling is a guess there) Peterson is a huge, if not the biggest advocate for the Carnivore diet because she claims it cured all of her autoimmune ailments practically overnight. She's a shill peddling a diet with 0 nutritional authority or any real evidence apart from her own anecdotal evidence that at this point borders on religion.

But I think eeating literally nothing but meat requires very little critical thinking as to why that is not a diet that we, as omnivores, should be eating. Let alone the huge potential for the extremely counterintuitive spike in blood sugar to the point of being nearly diabetic from a process called gluconeogenesis. The body essentially floods your blood stream with sugars from the breakdown of all of that protein in the liver. The same reason something like Keto doesn't work if you ingest too much protein as a percentage of your total calories.

Long story short, its a fad diet with a few zealots preaching the gospel of yet another turn of the month trend that will die out when people realize that any diet that commands you to eat any one specific food, and only that, to cure you of whatever ails you is snakeoil at best.

5. p88

p88 SS.org Regular

interesting...food for thought (pun totally intended lol)...

thanks for breaking that down

6. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Like anything in life, do some research and evaluate if you want to try ANY diet for yourself. Me and my roommate follow tons of dietary based Youtubers, including some that jumped into the Carnivore Diet with tremendous results.

Plenty of them document their journey so there's plenty of listening material if you want to get an opinion from someone who actually went through it. Some of them jumped into it as far as 2 - 3 years ago as well.

Everyone will claim that X cured their Y with barely anything scientific to back it everyday.

Wildebeest and p88 like this.
  7. Majoggy

Majoggy SS.org Regular

I was diagnosed with this in 2019. I had to take weeks off work, multiple times, because I could barely walk as the pain in my lower back was so debilitating. I thought I had sciatica for five years before I was diagnosed. It was a relief to be honest, because nothing was working.

I feel very fortunate that changing my diet and taking supplements to reduce inflammation has drastically improved things. Cutting out sugar, alcohol etc. Real low hanging fruit.

However I used to enjoy running and weight lifting and these things are very much an impossibility now.

John_Strychnine likes this.
  8. John_Strychnine

John_Strychnine I Was Once Groove.

cool to read but however, my family is a mixture of English, Irish and Caribbean decent.

the ethnicity you see in me comes from the Caribbean side, one side of my family is black.

JimF and Musiscience like this.