John Browne (Monuments) Tones Available for *PRE-ORDER*!

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Eyal Levi and the rest of the excellent gentlemen at Unstoppable Killing Machine have put together an amazing tone pack showcasing the tones that Browne currently uses (recording and live) and the tones he has used in the past (Gnosis-era).

The only thing that you are missing is the tone from Browne's unstoppable picking hand. :lol:

You all can read more at the follow site and place your order to take advantage of the current discount:
John Browne (Monuments) Tone Pack *PREORDER* / UNSTOPPABLE KILLING MACHINE

Tones are formatted for POD HD, POD XT, Kemper, and Axe-Fx.

(Question: I wonder how long it'll take before people are sharing and pirating these tones for free?...One day? Two?)

(Edit: mods, feel free to move this to the "Gear" section of the forum if it is in the wrong place here.)

gorthul

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, I would like to have the 2 Kemper profiles, but imo it isn't worth 50$ because I can't even use any of the other profiles...

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
^ I agree with the general sentiment, but how different is it really from people buying superior drummers producer presets or midi packs aside from said presets and midi packs being cheaper (provided you already own superior)?

If you're too lazy to do it yourself someone else is probably more than happy to do it, for a fee.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Well, Kemper profiles are more than just a preset. You can't just pull up a blank slate and dial in whatever amp you want without having the physical amp and a quality microphone and acoustic space. In that respect, I see the value of selling those.

As for POD and Axe, if they're just building these off of models and effects/EQs already in the unit, that just doesn't seem as valuable, in my opinion.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got no qualms with buying presets... it's a tad silly to me, but I get the utility.

Pre-orders, though? Do you get a John Browne Tones hoody and a snapback? Will it be available in vinyl?

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
If you're too lazy to do it yourself someone else is probably more than happy to do it, for a fee.
Isn't this what studio engineers do? 90% of bands I have seen live just take settings that a sound engineer gave them in studio and they put those settings on their amp and leave them there for tour or whatever. The musicians themselves never seem to be educated in tone-dialing.

Cashing in on stupid kids. :rolleyes:
^ THIS. Haha! The Djent kids, man. This is easy money. Imagine if Misha were to sell his Axe-Fx presets.

Pre-orders, though? Do you get a John Browne Tones hoody and a snapback? Will it be available in vinyl?
^ AND THIS! :lol:
For that kind of money, I'd better get a backstage pass at a show.

Anyway, so anyone want to get this and be an online hero by sharing the POD HD and XT patches with us? Maybe send them to me?...in addition to the Kemper profiles?...

UncurableZero

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love Monuments, but wow $50 for some presets and a Kemper profile.
Even if I were to buy the pack of what use would it be?
I'm not sure if these tones would sound so good outside of a mix. Even if you're using them in a mix/song would you want to sound JUST like someone else?

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well I Pre Ordered instantly and I was the first to comment on the Announcement on their FB page.
I understand the hate and yes I could of just acquired the pack "Illegally" the next day after its release.

BUT... Monuments are my favourite band, I listen to the Amanuensis like every day at least once.
What those guys have done with Modern Progressive on that album is breath taking. They have my full support and backing. And as a fan of theirs, they deserve help financially.
Anyone with half a brain cell knows that even large signed bands playing Metal these days arent making F**K all money. So I have no problems buying this and supporting them.

and in return my Pod HD Pro rack setup turns into a Monuments machine, Johns playing and this bands songs are already helping my 8 string playing. But even me doing this for them Im getting more back from them.

Screw the haters

Ænima

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
this is a horrible idea, but meh, he probably just gets tired of ppl asking "OMG I CAN HAZ UR PRE SET BRO, WHAT SETTINGS??!?"

"here ya go, buy it and leave me be!"

Reaction score
and in return my Pod HD Pro rack setup turns into a Monuments machine, Johns playing and this bands songs are already helping my 8 string playing.
You don't have the pick hand = you don't have the tone = you don't sound like Monuments and your rig is not a "Monuments machine"

mongey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
as a pretty new axe fx 2 owner if I was a big fan and the patches sounded good I'd happily pay for them .$50 would be the top. they would have to sound pretty damn good .as it stands I dont know them ,on my list to check out , so arnt interested

like to know what happens with a big FW update and they dont sound as good anymore when settigns change . will they update the patches to buyers for free ?

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Id play the intro to Doxa over and over and over and over and over and over...

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Why not do a Stephen Carpenter and just give them away? I understand that artists need to make money where they can (heck, I do) but yeaaaaaaaaah this doesn't feel right to me.

danresn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If someone is willing to buy his tones for $50 then I have no problem with him selling them for $50. They aren't worth that to me though

Vigaren

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
$50 for his presets is a little much in my opinion. If anything you should be able to buy only the presets for axe fx, kemper or POD seperate. Not all of them together!

BUT I have to say that his tone is incredible! I'm also guessing that at least half of it (if not more) is from his hands!

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You don't have the pick hand = you don't have the tone = you don't sound like Monuments and your rig is not a "Monuments machine"
lol how do you know what picking technique i do or dont have? infact, like John ive always over used down picking. I rarely Alternate.

and come on, clearly Johns patches for my Pod are likely guna be better than anything Ive set up on it so yeah....it will change my setup for the better.