FS Jet City JCA22H by Soldano CUSTOM - Mods

Discussion in 'Gear For Sale / Trade/ Wanted' started by jimROOT, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimROOT

jimROOT MEMongrel

I'm selling my JetCity JCA22H by Soldano tube head. It's in mint condition and comes with the footswitch for channel switching and a powercable.

Description of gear/guitar: JetCity JCA22H by Soldano head
    Condition: mint
    Modifications: *several
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): Footswitch (channel select), all original amp parts
    Location (City,,Country): Magdeburg, Germany
    National shipping: 10 EUR
    International shipping: yes (request fees for your country)
    Contact Info: pm me here
    References: headbw (528★) on ebay
    Price: 295,- Euro (obo)

*It has been modified for a way better sound and look. ;)

The old/original amp parts (housing front and rear panel and black poti knobs) are included.

The optical mods are all shown on the pictures. New thick black varnished hole metal plates for front and back cover. The amp front has a PRS Archon like look with a stained and black faded real wood veneer bar with a chrome/mirror "SOLDANO" decal and glossy/polished clear coat finish.

I sell the amp just because i changed my rig to a complete pedal solution. It's a very good sounding amp and with a real and pretty good clean channel now. It has lots of headroom and the resonance/depth knob delivers great bottom end.

Technical Mods: (from left to right on the frontpanel)

Switches:
    - Channel switch (original only via foot switchable)
    - Clean/Crunch switch (reduces the gain on the crunch channel/input stage)
    - Bright switch (typical bright switch for the Clean/Crunch channel, adds a lot of spanky/sparkling highs and hi mids for fenderish clean and plexi like crunch sounds)
    - Mid scoop (reduces the Mids on the Clean/Crunch channel, a good match to the bright switch to shape even more to a bold Fender like sound)

Knobs:
    - upper: Master volume knob (placed after FX-loop for overall volume control, even if you run any other preamp straight into the power amp or if you want to play the amp with it's full sound in totaly quiet bedroom volumes)

- below: Depth mod/Resonance knob (adds (if you want) a huge amount of low/bottom end to the amp, the original amp sound is pretty flat and slightly thin, the depth mod is a huge benefit to the amp, now it sounds like a real 50W amp and it has lots of headroom for loud 7 or 8 string clean sounds)

All tubes has been changed to JJs (poweramp: JJ EL84 / Preamp: JJ 12AX7/ECC83)

Pictures:

Foto 10.11.18, 13 35 10.jpg Foto 10.11.18, 13 35 03.jpg
    Foto 10.11.18, 13 35 15.jpg Foto 10.11.18, 13 36 53.jpg
    Foto 10.11.18, 13 49 10.jpg Foto 10.11.18, 13 42 43.jpg
    Foto 10.11.18, 13 44 39.jpg

final 01.JPG final 04.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. jimROOT

jimROOT MEMongrel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.