Jackson SL2H-7 USA Custom Shop Run - CLOSED RUN !!

Disregard this poll. Look at the OP for the two options.

• All Snow White w/ Matching Headstock, MOP inlays & Black Headstock Logo, black binding, black bezels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Gun Metal Gray w/ Matching Headstock, MOP inlays & Headstock Logo, white binding, black bezels &

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
EDIT: This Custom Shop run is now closed. All spots have been filled.

Final specs & Work Order from Jackson are linked in this post. For consideration sakes I'm going to put up the specs:

7 String Inline CS7 Headstock
White Binding - Bound headstock & Neck
"Speed" Neck Profile
25.5" Scale - 24 frets
Compound Radius Fretboard 12"-16"
OFR7 hardware (black)
Black hardware
Dual Passive Pickups (Custom Bridge & Full Shred 7 Neck) with pickup Bezels
SL2H Control Config (1V, 3 way toggle, 1 Tone)
Jumbo Frets
Inlays - Normal shark fins (Abalone - 7 string sized)
Headstock - Black face w/ Jackson Logo (Abalone) & "Custom Shop" Script
Scalloped Heel & Horns (see pic below)

Neck woods = Maple
Wings Wood = Alder
Fretboard = Ebony

Finishes - Black

Pricing has been confirmed - PM Matt from Matt's Music to get the pricing!!

Final specs have been attached in the PDF below

Pictures that are going to be included with our run to make sure we get the points across.

Neck Heel & Lower horn scallop
Fvw8f.jpg

Control Layout position change.
HumPC.jpg

Full size/width 7 string sharkfins.
9nqZ9.png

Headstock logo/decal positioning.
xTjbF.jpg

Normal CS inline 7 headstock.
zNqQJ.png

Attachments

• Final SS.org Soloist Spec Sheet.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 169
  • WO9799REVISED.PDF
    138.3 KB · Views: 113

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
If It's under 3,000.00 and we can get the Maple board on it
I'd be interested (but you already knew that :lol: )

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
Wasnt Piney Hills doing something like this before? I would love just a plain old black SL2H with all the standard features and an extra string.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasnt Piney Hills doing something like this before? I would love just a plain old black SL2H with all the standard features and an extra string.

He tried - but not enough interested when he tried. Now with all the Jackson fiends coming out of the woodwork with all these new models I'm kinda hoping it changes. I too am interested in a plain jane SL2H with 7 strings.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I might be down but I need to see more pics and exact specs on the broderick first. Also, if 27" and EMG routes as well as no trem are an option then I might be down. Those are things that my next Custom order must have.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I might be down but I need to see more pics and exact specs on the broderick first. Also, if 27" and EMG routes as well as no trem are an option then I might be down. Those are things that my next Custom order must have.

For the time being think the more widely accepted options would be a Floyd+25.5" scale. That's all subjective to those who are interested however.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I understand. I might actually still be down. I think this is great that you are doing this by the way.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The "stock SL-2H with an extra string" is the only way this will happen. :yesway:

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
Just one little nitpick. Please GOD dont let them put that titanic Japan style 7 inline on it. Please make it proportionate.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
The "stock SL-2H with an extra string" is the only way this will happen. :yesway:

and that's fine with me as long as I can get a Maple fret board on it.:agreed:
seeing how Jackson i sstarting to get moe into the 7 string market these days, I'm hoping they'll be more receptive to this than they have been in the past.:bowdown:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That IS the only way this will happen. My concept is KISS - otherwise it'll never happen. Possible to make it a simpler option by just having a cleared only body and natural oiled neck with a natural headstock.

Just one little nitpick. Please GOD dont let them put that titanic Japan style 7 inline on it. Please make it proportionate.
Yes - we will specify the Jackson CS7 Slim inline headstock. Think they do that on purpose to differentiate the MIJ SLAT7s and the CS7s.

troyguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Might be interested in a trans finish model depending on the price and timeline. In my head I see this with an extra string:

TransBlue008.jpg

A solid color with black hardware would just be too close in appearance to the SLAT3-7 to pay so much more money IMO.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might be interested in a trans finish model depending on the price and timeline. In my head I see this with an extra string:

TransBlue008.jpg

A solid color with black hardware would just be too close in appearance to the SLAT3-7 to pay so much more money IMO.
I'm leaning more towards a natural finish (cleared body& headstock + oiled neck) but lets get the people interested together. I agree about the paint job and going natural will save us some money.

A trans finish will drive up the cost quite a bit and is also not a finish a majority of those who are interested would like at least by those expressed in this thread. :2c:

This SL7 has to really be KISS otherwise we'll never agree to specs that everyone will want. There have to be compromises made to get this.

troyguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No problem, just figured I'd post my thoughts in case a miracle were to occur and others agreed with me. I'll leave the rest of the thread to you guys who like plain looking stuff :lol:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem, just figured I'd post my thoughts in case a miracle were to occur and others agreed with me. I'll leave the rest of the thread to you guys who like plain looking stuff :lol:

I wasn't discouraging the idea - but it's just more options leads to less agreements which leads to this likely to succeed. BTW I'm waiting for NAMM to finish up to find out what kind of options we'd be able to get and what's the pricing options open to us... so till then hang on.