Jackson RRTMG Rhoads Pro

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by neurosis, Dec 18, 2012.

1. neurosis

neurosis SS.org Regular

Xiphos68 likes this.
  2. Razzy

Razzy [10]

They're made in Indonesia as far as I know.

3. groverj3

groverj3 Bioinformagician

The only pro series models that are shipping now are the Dinkys. I have a soloist on order as well. Looks like we get to be the guinea pigs!

4. geoffshreds

geoffshreds SS.org Regular

i plan on buying the rrmg (floyd rose version) as soon as i get some guitar center gift cards for christmas. cant say anything for it now but but i can say that my jackson demmelition king v is the best guitar ive ever played...and its pretty much the same specs-wise.. only differences are 24 frets on my king v as opposed to 22 on this, and i have an 81/60 combo instead of an 81/85

5. drgordonfreeman

drgordonfreeman On vacation

$850 for an Indonesian made guitar?

lol no thanks

6. Ironbird

Ironbird Kahler Abuser

I'm a Jackson n00b but my WRMG is Japan-made, and so were the other MG models like the DKMG. Funny how they moved production to Indonesia - it's definitely a step down.

7. noUser01

noUser01 Still can't play.

Wow, those look amazing!!

8. groverj3

The Japanese factory that they contracted for their production guitars went out of business. Lots of factors, tsunamis, disappearing profit, questionable money management by said factory.

I feel like we've been over this hundreds of times :lol:

They're competing with the Ibanez Premiums (which are also Indo-made, and great guitars!) and Schecters. I think the price point is right on.

I guess we'll find out how good they are when they come in, but for neck through guitars with real SD pickups and an original floyd (ok, Korean, but there is essentially no difference in performance in my experience) I'd say it's fair.

9. jc986

jc986 Tone Enthusiast

Jackson's quality control has really improved with their imports with the new X series, and I would presume with the new pro series as well.

I recently got a made in China KEXTMG and I can't find a single flaw. Playability is easily comparable to my Japanese SLS3 and USA made SL2H. Build quality and playability are superior to my Korean Schecter C-1 Stealth.

I have played a couple of the Indonesian X series guitars and found them to be great instruments.

10. Ironbird

Ironbird Kahler Abuser

Sorry! Like I said, I'm new to Jacksons. The same thing happened to the BC Rich facility in Japan, and now the Japan-made BCs are really sought after. I miss the Japan Edition Ironbird I had.

11. Force

Force Jackson Addict

It's gonna take time for some of us to let go of the MIJ gear, it was remarkable, but that ship has sailed, so let us get on with life.

Most of what is coming out of these other countries is actually pretty damn good. If somebody wants to snob it because it's not USA made, then it's their loss.

I'll never part with my MIJ Jacksons.......ever, but I am not worried about the quality of future guitars, some will suck but I'll buy one that doesn't. Seems easy enough to me.

12. groverj3

No worries, not everyone knows :lol:. At least it isn't as bad here as JCFonline, they think that the world is ending because the new models are made somewhere other than Japan or the USA.

Yeah, it's unfortunate because the MIJ Jacksons were really good. The writing was on the wall for quite a while though. They weren't selling well because all the competition was quite a bit cheaper.

13. sochmo

sochmo SS.org Regular

I cant wait till these are available, the rrmg and sl-2 pro insatin black both look killer, love the direct mount emg's

14. Ironbird

Ironbird Kahler Abuser

That's the reason why I ditched BC Riches after 4 years of playing them! MIJ Jacksons made me rethink the things I like about guitars.

There's a Jackson WRMG (identical to mine, only 2 controls instead of the 3 on my guitar) on our local Craigslist equivalent...and I'm so tempted to get it!

15. Blackwinged

Blackwinged FOAD

Is it true that RRMG's are made in Indonesia? I saw some info on them on the local site and it's said they're Mexican made. I personally think it's indonesian, but who knows. Has anyone here got one or maybe gonna buy? I'm quite interested in these guitars and just waiting for some reviews. :)

16. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Melodic Smooth Solos

Looks great. I have gas for a king v.

17. groverj3

Not sure. The pro series Dinkys are made in mexico and the soloists are indonesian. No idea about the RRs.

I got my SL2Q a while ago and if the rest of the new pro series from Jackson are as solid as that guitar then I'm sure there will be plenty of happy new Jackson owners in the coming months :hbang:

18. tscoolberth

tscoolberth SS.org Regular

Been looking for a new 6 string and Jackson has been high on the list , but looking in the $300 - $400 used range.

19. SrDeMaFp

SrDeMaFp Hack

Can't go wrong with ESP's LTD line. Best "bang for the buck" guitars out there, IMO.

20. whatupitsjoe

whatupitsjoe SS.org Regular

I tried one at guitar center NYC, the neck was unbelievable. tempting me to go out and get the soloist if its the same.

i was never a Jackson fan but I'm in love with these pro series