Jackson Pro Series Now Made In China?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by RLG167, Apr 25, 2021.

1. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

not always accurate. Not sure about Jackson, but ESP's website has certain guitars made in Origin Y, but when the guitars are found in stores, they are made in Origin X instead. As in, picture shows Korea, but the guitars at stores are from Indonesia, or Vietnam, or China

2. Nag

Nag chugs and screams

My guess is they don't have certain models built exclusively in China and other models built exclusively in Indonesia, and rather : certain models are built in both countries. In which case, I'd still look for an Indo built one. The Pro series is guitars worth around 1 grand, MIC guitars don't have that good of a reputation yet IMO that I'll dare to drop that kind of cash on one.

3. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

Since it's a bolt-on, the origin is stamped into the heel plate. You can see it's crafted in China in the other pictures.

4. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

They've been photoshopping out those for most new models, nothing new. People didn't know the Dinky Modern and Jeff Loomis Kelly were WMI/Korea until they came out in the store. The Wildcards as well, until they forgot to photoshop it out of one of the picture.

No, that's exactly what they're doing. All graphic finishes are made in China, regular finishes are still Indonesia.

Has anyone gotten one yet to check? No physical store around me, or in Australia as a whole, seems to have them in yet (and most of the new stuffs are trickling in), and Reverb listings are still all stock photos

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    JimF likes this.
  5. JimF

JimF Contributor

Regarding getting your hands on an Ellis, I was searching around online and the most common due date that was coming up online was July. Unless one site just put an arbitrary number of weeks on their due date, and the other websites copied.

6. mogar

mogar SS.org Regular

I don't know if I just got lucky or what, but I bought a JS Rhoads back in January for a project and the thing plays really frickin good. Like "I wanna buy 3 more" good.

So if this guitar is any indication of what their chinese factory can do, I'd have zero issues ordering a pro series from them.

JimF likes this.
  7. JimF

JimF Contributor

I realised I could find out by emailing Jackson directly!
    Had it confirmed:

09180378-3965-4376-818D-A63ED1DA8833.jpeg

mlp187 likes this.
  8. DiezelMonster

DiezelMonster Complainasaurus Rex

I just got a blue crackle PRO RR in at the store I work at and it's pretty freakin flawless.

We had a Loomis Kelly and it was unreal, sold it in an hour. Would love to get another for the store.

*I work at a retail store in Canada by the way

9. jahosy

jahosy SS.org Regular

Good to know. Am interested in one of those crackles Pro as well might try them out in store. I guess now the big question is their consistency in QC.

The JL Kellys (along with the recent wildcards series) are made in Korea. That's a stellar looking guitar as well! Am hoping they'll consider releasing the JL soloist 7 (the one he teased months ago) in pro series hhaha

DiezelMonster likes this.
  10. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

The ones at my local store here in Brissy felt pretty good, but 2800/3k AUD is too much, you can get a crackle Ormsby for 2k shipped with hard case, and the USA graphics hovers around there used. There's a Lightning Sky Rhoads that popped up on Gumtree today for 2400, 10/10 times I'd buy that no matter how well the Crackles plays, purely since I can resell it for at least that much. The Bolted Steel KE-2 in Perth last year took like 8 months to sell as well, was listed at 2500.

jahosy likes this.
  11. jahosy

jahosy SS.org Regular

wow didn't know they cost this much for those crackles. paid around that price for the wildcard sl27 but that's with a custom shop spec, and made in Korea. thought the pros would be below aud$2k.

Definitely a used (cheaper) USA Jackson there.

12. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

The crackles are like 1400 USD street, RRP is 3100 and store listing is 2800. The standard Pro Series at 1700-1800 are 1k USD street.

jahosy likes this.