Jackson NAMM 2020

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Lada The Great, Dec 18, 2019.

1. metal4life71

metal4life71 Well-Known Member

Well I love my Jackson USA CS Soloist and would love a USA Jackson 7 string model that does not cost a small fortune.

2. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

Caggiano is listed in uk in preorder at 1200 euros, loomis at 1700..... nice specs and pups but expensive for indo made....(the headstock of the caggiano shows it)we’ll see....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  3. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

AH. How cute Europe.

4. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Yeah, I’ve noticed this recently. Indonesia is creeping up to even above where the Korean guitars used to be. Prices of the imports are definitely being pushed up to test the maximum of what people will pay.

And apparently people still pay it. Kinda crazy considering you can buy Japanese made guitars for not much more than that. I bought a brand new Eii Horizon in Japan for less than $1800 USD.

cwhitey2 and Adieu like this.
  5. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

I honestly don't care where they are made. I pay for quality. I've had Chinese guitars that were built as well as and played as nice as name brand USA guitars. What I can't stand is the hike in prices with no increase in quality. Every Indo Ibanez I've ever played has been on the same quality level as the bottom of the barrel Indo standard series. Irregardless of whether it was a premium, iron label, or standard series. I'm not paying Korea and Japan quality money for less than Korea and Japan quality. But most kids don't know how well a high quality instrument plays and feels. They just go by the spec sheet. So companies take their garbage low end instruments these kids are used to and slap some flashy flavor of the week specs on them and charge high quality prices.

cwhitey2, c7spheres, josh1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

[​IMG]

Oh mannn...

I was after a 7 with a floating bridge and this looks like it'll fit the bill quite nicely.

7. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

Now we know why companies don't listen to forums like this and sell more "cheaper" guitars than their high-end lines.

8. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

9. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

I will be biting the bullet on this next week (releases in a few days), so will report back with feel/quality/overall impressions.

I am nervous about the MiC from Jackson, since their Indos are so consistently inconsistent, but who knows, maybe first batch will be good.

EDIT: My dealer fucked up his email and it is April 21st, not January 21st. Oh well.

mlp187 likes this.
  10. causeunknown

causeunknown SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

I've been in the market for a hardtail seven string in the ~$1,200 - $2,500 range. I know that's a pretty big margin that should afford me lots of options, but i've also been really interested in something that's Fishman equipped. I saw this today and it definitely caught my eye. I like the specs and the look a lot. I wasn't particularly in love with anything from Ibanez's 2020 releases. The only other guitar's I'm considering is the Ibanez RGR5227MFX or the Schecter Keith Merrow KM-7 MK-III. I currently play the Ibanez RG652AHMFX, which I love and assume has very similar feel to the other one and I had an opportunity to play the KM-7 and also really liked it. Not really sure what I'll go with. If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it. When I saw the lineup of the new Dinky's though I was very impressed with them and I feel like they could be a big contender in the mid range 7 string space. I really want to try one.

11. metal4life71

metal4life71 Well-Known Member

I really liked the entry level Ibanez with BKP pups that I played recently for under 2k. Now if only they made a 7 string model like that. I am leaning toward the Jackson USA Misha 7 string or Vigier Excalibur 7 guitar as these seem to be the best ones under 3k for semi-custom level quality guitars or maybe an Ibanez J Custom 7.

12. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

I never could get over why Jackson angles their headstocks so much, it just always looked wrong to me. I like the look of strings being straight from bridge to tuners. I have always loved their headstock shape and the white bound necks with the sharkfin inlays but the headstock angle has always been my pet peeve.

I’ve owned quite a few of BC Rich Warlocks back in the day and I know their headstocks were ridiculously angled too so it’s not just Jackson lol.

13. Asphyxia

Asphyxia SS.org Regular

The Corey Beaulieu signature is my guitar for this year. That Winterstorm finish is just awesome.
    I don't listen to Trivium and neither does anyone I play with. Somehow that makes me more comfortable playing someones signature guitar.

exo, Masoo2, manu80 and 1 other person like this.
  14. zenonshandro

zenonshandro SS.org Regular

Same here. I've wanted a mahogany bodied 7 string KV for a while now. Everything looks good except the serrations on the bottom but i might be able to swallow em because of the specs and colour!

Asphyxia likes this.
  15. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor

Funny stuff is that you can buy plenty of used MiJ Jacksons (although not sevens) from 250$ upwards. Got myself an SLSMG for 250€ which is a ridiculous guitar even for 1k.

MIJ SL3s and RR5/KE5 usually sell around 500$ and will destroy any import they've put in the recent years.

Adieu, possumkiller and zenonshandro like this.
  16. manu80

just found a grover jackson FUIG37 for nothing, MIJ too for almost nothing.

17. manu80

BY the way , finally nothing from Mustaine's new home ? he's still listed on Dean's site though. Maybe nothing happened finally...

18. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

I've wanted one of those Soloists they released in the Winterstorm finish for a while now, it's absolutely killer

might just have to get one of those Beaulieu's

Asphyxia likes this.
  19. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Still using Dean as of now. He was rehearsing for the upcoming Euro tour a couple of days ago and still using his Dean Vs.

20. Asphyxia

Asphyxia SS.org Regular

The lack of binding and the serrations on the body make it look like an icicle. The Soloist and the new Rhoads have the binding on the body that didn't look as good to me. I don't like pickup rings. But the top is so good looking I don't care.