Jackson JS22-7 bridge replacement

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by cursivequestionmark, Feb 19, 2021.

1. cursivequestionmark

cursivequestionmark SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

I have a Jackson JS22-7 that was gifted to me and I've poured a little cash into upgrading parts on it. So far I've replaced the tuners and pickups, plus the nut. The last thing I would really like to do is install a tune-o-matic style bridge on the body instead of using the stock hard tail bridge. This is a level of repair/mods I am just not comfortable with nor have any knowledge with.

Could anyone here tell me if this is a feasible modification, and if so what are the best parts to purchase to make it happen? I'm sure new holes will need to be drilled, and I can do that stuff but I want to make sure everything is measured properly. Any advice towards this would be much appreciated, thanks for your time!

Jackson specs- sorry won't let me post the link because my account is new but I'm sure you guys know how to use Google :)

2. ZXIIIT

ZXIIIT XIII

You'd need to recess the tuneomatic to compensate for the neck angle, its doable.
    [​IMG]

cursivequestionmark likes this.
  3. cursivequestionmark

cursivequestionmark SS.org Regular

Yikes...I was worried it might need some wood chipped out to make it fit correctly.. Definitely not doing that without some professional help. Thanks for the reply!