Jackson finally steps up to the 7 string plate...

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by eaeolian, Jun 24, 2016.

1. VinnyShredz

VinnyShredz SS.org Regular

2. Scordare

Scordare SS.org Regular

The Rhoads 7 will be mine! 24 fret, Floyd Rose tremolo :yesway:, Dual humbuckers, reverse headstock...perfection!...and $800?!...SOLD! I don't mind the pickup rings...wish it had the triangle pickguard but not going to be picky.

I have almost pulled the trigger on some of the early 2000 ones but the lack of a trem killed it. The poor quality and ugly blue/purple color didnt help...and the Stars model is impossible to find.

3. dhgrind

dhgrind SS.org Regular

this information makes me want to cry, until my birthday in october when i sell all my guitar stuff off to afford this guitar. heres to hoping the quality is immaculate because anything less and i'll totally have a b__ch fit yadad-i-mean. damnit dave you heartless man.

4. VinnyShredz

It's not really on him to set the prices, haha. I guess it's Jackson. But I am really disappointed that they set the price so high. I guess cause its a limited run. But I mean the Misha and the Chris Broderick guitars were fairly reasonably priced. I don't get why they're setting the price so high for this axe.

I mean I could buy a custom Jackson for myself for that, ya know? Ugh, and I want this guitar so bad! So sick.

5. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

If the Davidson Warrior goes for over 4, Amplifsound is going to sell a lot of stained ash 7 string Floyded Warriors. That GAS is something fierce.

6. svart

svart Far Beyond Metal

Any date they will hit the stores in europe? GAS for that RRX7 like mad...

7. BigBaldIan

BigBaldIan Bald and gribbly.

Was hankering after a RR, but a 24 fret reverse headstock RR? Yeah sold.....

8. dhgrind

dhgrind SS.org Regular

i can't see the davidson warrior going for 4.7k with the juggernaut msrp at 4.3k retailing for 3.2k. Even with Jackson pushing to keep close to the msrp who do they expect to buy these guitars at such a high price.

9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

They're going to sell a ....load of those Warriors! Holy crap, I want one. No pup rings, ebony board, Floyd. Good god. The really scary thing is how much money we all have invested in high end 7s and 8s, and now there's gonna be all these production instruments we all want. I have zero excuses to be buying a 7, other than I will be so happy it will very likely make me healthier, improve my marriage, and make me a better father. So yeah, that's a good enough reason for me!

EDIT: Ah, sonofabitch, I just noticed it's a USA made one. OK, that's going to be waaay more expensive than I figured. Damn! Still might do it, if it's not crazy, though.

10. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Look how cute this one is! Who wants to snuggle with a tiny 22.5" Rhoads V? :lol: This looks made for Li-sa-X, haha.

[​IMG]

11. VinnyShredz

I know dude, but this is what I heard from multiple dealers... : (

12. Possessed

Possessed SS.org Regular

The problem is that Amfisound is not cheap either! I have inquired lots of the builds. Normally the price starts from 3500e for quite simple spec neck throughs.

13. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

They are well worth it, after a few years mine is still on my top guitars rotation. I have a Jackson custom shop for comparison and both guitars are playing in the same league. I prefer the Amfisound better because as a suctom it has the specs I wanted, the Jackson being an opportunistic 2nd hand buy for cheap.
    Amfisound for the price will allow you full customisation, which Jackson might not (ie, they just ask you where you want your controls, you don't just have this or that option, you say "put them here" etc)
    Not sure I'd get another one with their current prices but they were noticeably cheaper a few years back. (Still paid mine over 3K but that included all the hand painting, nowadays it would likely go over 5K.)

14. dhgrind

dhgrind SS.org Regular

Not necessarily saying you're wrong as I'm staying hopeful.

15. Jinogalpa

Jinogalpa ESP fanatic Contributor

[​IMG]

holy sh.t
    gloss black, neck thru, 24 frets, proper sized shark inlays, neck & head binding, reversed headstock = total win for me !

they say: "dark rosewood fingerboard"
    let's hope that it's going to be dark enough

love this thing

16. VinnyShredz

Oh haha, I know. I was just commiserating.

17. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

I don't even seven string, but I want to for this.

18. BucketheadRules

BucketheadRules Fuzz pedal hoarder

Like that fanned-fret one...

If they started doing higher-end fanned fret stuff, perhaps a DK 7-string model, I would be in trouble.

19. oracles

oracles Australian in Canada

Was really hoping to see a KE model in amongst these. A re-worked KE-7 would've been awesome to go with the RR7.

20. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

I really like the SL7, though I already have a SLAT3-7 with duncans so I guess there is not that much sense in getting one (said no guitarist ever).

I am a bit so-so on the RRX7. I really want a proper RR7 and this is very close! Passive pickups, neck-trough, 24 frets, check. The pickup rings are a huge bummer for me. My reaction was like: 'Yay they didn't put ....ing emg-707s on it, wait is that pickup rings???? on a 7???? from a company that has otherwise removed pickup rings from most of the rest of their 7 string lineup???? wtf????'
    Also I would like the headstock to not be reversed, though it is not that much of a dealbreaker.
    Has anyone here tried to remove pickup rings from a guitar? I guess it will leave some screw holes, but since it is black I kinda guess you could make them disappear?

Also it is fun how people actually seem to like the traditional headstock on 7 strings now. Back when they first did the SLAT3-7 people seemed to hate the 7 string version of the headstock because it is quite huge (it looks a lot larger in real life).