Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so Randall at Chondro guitars alluded that he has to wait until end of July about something coming that's going to "correct" how overpriced new USA Jacksons are...any idea what this could be?

An announcement that they’re hiring double the # of USA employees and moving to a larger location so they can take more orders? That’s all I can imagine.

Latest catch: MIJ Mark Morton Dominion Pro, Riverbed finish (First version)
View attachment 111013
View attachment 111014

Needs a good clean + setup but first impression: hefty but well balanced and resonates really well.

I say it every time I see one of these, but that is a sickass Les Paul.

jco5055

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
An announcement that they’re hiring double the # of USA employees and moving to a larger location so they can take more orders? That’s all I can imagine.

Latest catch: MIJ Mark Morton Dominion Pro, Riverbed finish (First version)

I say it every time I see one of these, but that is a sickass Les Paul.
I just realized we should learn what it is soon....

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
This is the announcement you guys are talking about:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What pickups do you have on it?
The neck is a Duncan Quarter Pound SSL-7 bridge pickup, because I wanted that super-hot almost a P90 sound. The bridge is a Duncan JB from 1986-89-ish, so like a modern Duncan Antiquity JB. The middle is not hooked up - that's just a placeholder until I decide what I want there. I was going to use these for a while until I decided what I wanted for this guitar, but they work so well they're probably staying.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
picked up this DK24 Dark amber a couple of weeks ago and just got it back rom my tech today
2 volume pots (both push/pull) 3 way switch and Suhr Aldich/SSV pickups
so much better now. the Full shred was very thin sounding. Also swapped the trem arm for a push in assembly.
Not as nice as my MIJ Socal but it will be a good gigging workhorse

Last edited:

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Grabbed a DK24 like this one. It has a Floyd but I’m still considering locking tuners because I love them for restringing. It has the Charvel branded tuners now. What locking tuners will be a direct drop in? Fender I’m guessing? Schaller?

FB568BC8-4592-40A2-920D-A156E8FE7043.jpeg

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Grabbed a DK24 like this one. It has a Floyd but I’m still considering locking tuners because I love them for restringing. It has the Charvel branded tuners now. What locking tuners will be a direct drop in? Fender I’m guessing? Schaller?

View attachment 112107
I was thinking the same thing for my DK24, I've been told by a few people in the Charvel group on FB these are the ones to go with