Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Church2224, May 31, 2011.

1. jahosy

jahosy SS.org Regular

The wildcards are made in Korea (WMI) though, similar to the JL Kelly pro and some of the modern dinkys. The regular pros are still MIC / MII.

2. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

Just snagged a DXMG for 250 AUD. Bridge has been replaced with a JT580, but otherwise in good condition. 98 serial so probably one of the later basswood one.

73647k and jahosy like this.
  3. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

After taking it home and taking the backplate off to remove the bridge, its a JT-580LP, but with the original low profile saddle replaced with regular Floyd saddles. Two of the saddle blocks are also missing, just ordered a replacement. A bigger problem though is that one of the post is super loose, I could rip it out of the wood without using any force. My KE3 also had this issue, but the post would stay in place with string tension, so I'm hoping this would be the case as well. Else I don't have the equipment to refill the post and redrill

4. mungiisi

mungiisi SS.org Regular

In case no-one noticed, Jackson has revised their Custom Select form effective 1st of May 2021:

https://assets.ctfassets.net/4jcppg...CUSTOM_SELECT_OPTIONS_MENU_US_MSRP_1.5.21.pdf

They have again introduced the pricing of each specific base model (RR1 over 5000 USD) and for each feature.

What's also noticeable is that customer can no longer choose the amount of frets - I assume the number of frets is the number of frets on the base model. For example, for Rhoads it is 22 as that's what's in RR1.

Of course, selected dealers are able to negotiate specs that are not listed on the form. The other dealers won't...

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire L'enfant sausage

damn I can't believe custom select is that expensive now. I thought 5k was the start of masterbuilt price range

6. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

$800-$900 depending on condition would match what I've seen.

7. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

Lol it will set me back 6k+ for a reversed headstock 1 hum soloist in regular black. That is insane.

LCW likes this.
  8. mogar

mogar SS.org Regular

Ouch on those prices. Pretty much into small shop boutique builder prices now with much more limited options. Also, no 24 fret option on the RRs that I can see. And the biggest offender to me... NO STAR.

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  9. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

I can literally order a fully custom guitar with almost no spec limitations from a couple of fairly local builders for less money AND get it in less time. Jackson finally jumped the shark for me - glad I have what I have from the USA, because I won't be buying a new one, for sure.

mlp187 likes this.
  10. mitou

mitou SS.org Regular

I hope they add more finishes to the MJ line or do more cool limited runs.

11. mungiisi

mungiisi SS.org Regular

My long-time dream has been ordering a 24 fret 1-hum RR, but I guess given the prices it will never happen. Unless an used one comes across - I have seen that happen once or twice in almost 20 years span...

12. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

ESPPPPPPPP

Masoo2, Edika and Mathemagician like this.
  13. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

That form is listed in MSRP. Have you spoken to a dealer to ask what the street price translates to? When I was spec'ing out my Mayones custom order back in 2012, it also listed base price and features in MSRP and it tallied to over $8,000, but I paid about $5,400.

When I bought my custom shop WR7 in 2016, the MSRP on that was $6,482, but I paid the Jackson dealer $3,700.

14. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Clearly drawing a line in the sand as to how much order volume they have coming in. Also shows they’d rather increase existing margins than volume. It will also keep secondary market prices higher as well. “It is what it is” basically.

vertigo08 likes this.
  15. groverj3

groverj3 Bioinformagician

Those have been the prices for over 6 months, they just haven't updated the website in forever.

16. mungiisi

mungiisi SS.org Regular

I have - the price I was offered is not as much as the MSRP, but still way over 5000 USD (for 24 fret RR with 1 hum and non-recessed Floyd Rose (yeah, the Laiho/Latvala thing - I'm a sucker for that kind of guitar!)).

3700 USD for brand new Custom Shop WR7 is good price. I don't think so you can get one for that price anymore.

Well, I could give a try for an ESP SV Standard but I like the Jackson design and looks so much better.

Captain Shoggoth likes this.
  17. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

There's always the Edwards Alexi, its only around ~180k yen shipped before import tax, might be even less since they're built to order with a 3-6 months wait time, and current Fedex rate are much higher due to the pandemic.

18. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

This.

They announced the price hike last fall, and dealers mentioned some options evaporating.

Historically, FMIC will honor previous year pricing if you pick up a spot that was delegated prior to the increase. So if anyone is serious about buying, you probably have a shot at finding a 2020-purchased build slot if you make the rounds at the larger dealers, but be quick.

As already said, this is entirely about volume and Jackson's lack of capacity.

19. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

Yes, the prices have gone up since then, but I still stand by what I said about MSRP vs street prices. In my experience, I have gotten guitars at 30-40% down from MSRP most of the time if they know you're shopping around and willing to negotiate prices. In the case of the WR7, I had already purchased 2 high end guitars from that dealer in the past and they gave me an even better price.

I also loved the look of those old school jackson RRs that Bodom played.

20. mitou

mitou SS.org Regular

Did this include VAT?