Jackson/Charvel NAMM 2019

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Here it is, the Angel sig:

2979411578_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

http://charvel.com/guitars/artist/a...24-7-nova-maple-fingerboard-satin-sage-green/

Compared to the DK24 shape, the lower horn is... unattractive.
I love it. Have from the start, still true.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Looks absolutely killer. Really loving the thought of getting a seven string strat for a while now. Not too big on the color though, definitely like the gold though. Is that surf green the only color it's coming in? I think white with the gold would have been cool.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
Hmm. I’d have to see more of the upcoming Kiesel Delos too, to see which new 24-fret 7-string Superstrat I prefer.

I like the Angel’s headstock of course, and the Gotoh trem is boss. And Kiesel headstocks are uniformly pretty terrible. But from what I see I like the Delos body shape better, and could the avoid weird inlay and that color. And the Hipshot trem (presumably available) is a nice piece, too.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
So when does Jackson usually show off their new line up? I'm not usually one to follow them.

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Digging the Angel Vivaldi sig!
I think a non-reverse headstock would look better but the reverse does work.

Didn't realize AV uses a Dimarzio Air Norton in the Bridge and Neck. I thought he used a Tone Zone 7 bridge... interesting!

I've heard the Air Norton is an interesting bridge pickup. Will have to try one out some day.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I dig the inlays, and appreciate the tight-around-the-open-coil pickups routes and the recessed trem. The whole thing looks really..."finished" somehow.

I totally agree. I think it’s the modernness of the right routes, the direct mount pups, the inlay pattern, contrasting with the traditional shape and headstock. It’s really a tasteful instrument.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They did a pro series Ferrari red king v with ebony board. Please let them do an identical warrior. Hard tail or Floyd Rose idc. It would be “close enough” either way that I’d buy it. 6 string it A-Ok. Just copy paste the spec sheet to the warrior CNC machine that is either in storage or has been repurposed for the JS line that has every paint job under the sun out currently.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
That Vivaldi sig is pretty cool. I don't dig the seafoam green on it- would look killer in white- but maybe they'll have other finishes.