Jackson/Charvel 2022 thread

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
seing those import prices makes wanna sell some US/ Jap model to see where this could go....

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very lucky - a dealer that doesn't question manufacturing issues and puts it all on the customer, he's a manufacturer's wet dream.

Meanwhile - not posting the dealer or the group this was in (I'm sure there's members on this board that are in the group and have seen the post though). This is the shit Jackson is currently putting out:

View attachment 102440

As a Master Builder, how do you not route a bridge properly and secondly, how do you let that out of the shop?
Don't these Mick Thomson guitars have a 3rd hidden screw locking the bridge in place? Maybe the bridge route isn't deep enough, or maybe they don't know how to adjust the hidden screw from the backplate?

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don't these Mick Thomson guitars have a 3rd hidden screw locking the bridge in place? Maybe the bridge route isn't deep enough, or maybe they don't know how to adjust the hidden screw from the backplate?

I think the screw you're talking about was only on the NAMM Limited Edition model, when it was a jerry-rigged Floyd Rose bridge. The production model has no backplate.
2914224576_gtr_back_001_rl.jpg

I'm sure these dealers have dealt with enough Mick Thomson sig models to know when something is or isn't right.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Everyone hates the Japanese misha strat with the matching headstock wtf. Make up your minds!
Everyone hates the Japanese misha strat with the matching headstock wtf. Make up your minds!

The roasted maple neck and fretboard match on the USA Jackson Strat really well. So it looks... weird having a finished headstock on the MJ Strat.

Jackson-Custom-Shop-Limited-Edition-Misha-Mansoor-So-Cal-HSS-2PT-Heavy-Relic-Daphne-Blue.jpg

2904008827_jac_ins_far_01_rr.jpg

In-person it did look better, but man the pictures Jackson used made it look cheap. :lol:

OTOH the blue, green, and JEL Charvels have a finished body, rosewood board, and maple headstock. Clashes too much on a Charvel IMO, especially when you're used to how the USA guitars look.

2966253576_cha_ins_frt_01_rr.jpg

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the screw you're talking about was only on the NAMM Limited Edition model, when it was a jerry-rigged Floyd Rose bridge. The production model has no backplate.
2914224576_gtr_back_001_rl.jpg

I'm sure these dealers have dealt with enough Mick Thomson sig models to know when something is or isn't right.
I guess i'm wrong about the access point on the new productions, but if you look up the bridge (there's pictures on eBay) it has a third lock down screw hidden away under the fine tuners. His original customs had the battery pack directly behind the bridge, rotated 90 degrees and i'm purely guessing that's where you'd access the hidden screw.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

1b4n3z

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jackson can botch a Floyd route just as easily. Or probably the neck angle. I have a 2018 CS soloist with too shallow an angle - Floyd is sitting on the bottom shelf. String action is fine, luckily, as it would not go any lower. Of course touching the trem arm will push it out of tune

mxbraud

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jackson can botch a Floyd route just as easily. Or probably the neck angle. I have a 2018 CS soloist with too shallow an angle - Floyd is sitting on the bottom shelf. String action is fine, luckily, as it would not go any lower. Of course touching the trem arm will push it out of tune
Absolutely unacceptable, did you order the SL or did you pick it up second hand?

1b4n3z

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Absolutely unacceptable, did you order the SL or did you pick it up second hand?

I bought it used. I eyed it at a German music store, where it was sold as b stock. Not because of the neck angle but the usual finish delamination on the headstock. That's not an issue for me, but the neck angle is.

I also had a 2019 CS SL1 with the worst fret job imaginable. Wrong radius on them, cut too short, ends not rounded etc. So that went straight to refretting. Otherwise it was perfect and there was no sign of wood movement or mishandling. Even got the plastic film on top of the pickups.

mxbraud

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had a CS DKR "Doug Aldredge" that they cut the FR route wrong (mis-aligned) with neck pocket!
I personally don't Do the USA Jackson thing anymore because You DO NOT get what you pay for like it was 15-20 years ago. I buy the X and Pro models and MOD Them to what I want for MUCH less.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Fucks sake. RG565 or the Danhage. I can swing both financially. But explaining it when they get home is another matter...

"Prices on nearly all guitars have gone up, and are going to increase even more soon. Buying both now actually saves money! I know how incredibly intelligent, perceptive, and generous you are, so I acted as I thought you would. Now every time I play these, I'll think of you and how wonderful you are."

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
"Prices on nearly all guitars have gone up, and are going to increase even more soon. Buying both now actually saves money! I know how incredibly intelligent, perceptive, and generous you are, so I acted as I thought you would. Now every time I play these, I'll think of you and how wonderful you are."

I was considering the price increase excuse. The increases are so stupid the excuse becomes reasonable :lol:

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was considering the price increase excuse. The increases are so stupid the excuse becomes reasonable :lol:

that's literally why I ordered my metal x, bc there's no way in hell I'll get another x shaped 7 for under 1400 any more and certainly not of that quality and with that spec sheet

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Normally I'm with you, but the gold with the unfinished headstock and no maple fretboard is really killing it for me here.

Reminds me of some Rev Beach videos I’ve seen. This is “distinctly 80’s” done accurately.

However I fully agree that maaaaple would look better. Keeping the gold hardware obvs.