Jackson/Charvel 2022 thread

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Hi guys, and Happy New Year !
Despite the Namm being delayed and the fact that some 2021 guitars are still hard to get in stores, I was wondering if any of you have any infos on new models for 2022 ?
I wish Jackson could surf on the Mustaine trend and release some natural/korina/silver KV's and also bring the Warrior shape a bit more into the light.
Thanks for any input !

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would be a lot more interested in Jackson if they’d step up the quality of the Pro series instruments. Charvel has been blowing them out of the water in the $800-1200 price segment.

I'm still baffled as to why both Charvel and Squier have really solid-made Asian-made instruments, yet it's Jackson's QC that falls flat?

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
I would be a lot more interested in Jackson if they’d step up the quality of the Pro series instruments. Charvel has been blowing them out of the water in the $800-1200 price segment.

They do have a large range of guitars in that series. What were you thinking of? Charvel has less than half of the range Jackson has at the pro level.

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jackson models recently have been on a 2 year cycle. I'm not sure how much Covid will impact that. Regardless, expect the models released last year to remain.

I would not expect a big launch from Jackson. The one thing I am expecting is at least 1 new Warrior. They just can't let Ibanez "paper" launch the Xiphos and not answer with a new Warrior!

Celtic Frosted Flakes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope this will be the year when they finally releases a production model Death Angel. A MIJ release of one of the two wooden DAs Rob Cavestany got a couple of weeks ago would be amazing.

Marked Man

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Jackson Pro should be fully level with LTD 1000, but they aren't there. More like LTD 600. Charvel San Dimas MIMs are amazingly good (can be better than Jackson Pro), although I think it's high time to do away with the '58 Buick neck joints for bolt on guitars. No reason for a 2022 shred guitar to have that....

sell2792

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jackson Pro should be fully level with LTD 1000, but they aren't there. More like LTD 600. Charvel San Dimas MIMs are amazingly good (can be better than Jackson Pro), although I think it's high time to do away with the '58 Buick neck joints for bolt on guitars. No reason for a 2022 shred guitar to have that....

Except they aren’t. I’ve played 400 series LTDs that play and sound better than Pro Series Jackson’s, let alone 1000 series just completely blow them away.

Same company

I know, which is why it’s so surprising that Charvel is putting out significantly better guitars even in comparable price ranges.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Been saying this forever but if the neck heel is getting in your way, you have technique problems you need to sort out. My DK24 heel is plenty rounded. There is nothing left for them to cut away. Guthrie's sig model still has a giant block heel on it with no sculpting... The back side of the lower horn is the part that gets in the way and Charvel has that sculpted out on most of their guitars.

I know, which is why it’s so surprising that Charvel is putting out significantly better guitars even in comparable price ranges.
it might have something to do with them being Fender-style bolt ons, done in a factory Fender had been operating for quite a while before they ever started building Charvels there (as far as I know). MIM Fenders are shit hot too and have been for a long time

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Except they aren’t. I’ve played 400 series LTDs that play and sound better than Pro Series Jackson’s, let alone 1000 series just completely blow them away.

Aren't LTD 600's supposed to be an equal or higher tier than 1000's though?

Pretty sure they dedicated the 600 code to artist signatures before 1000-series were a thing.

Also, some 400-series are from back when 400 was a high number.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aren't LTD 600's supposed to be an equal or higher tier than 1000's though?

Pretty sure they dedicated the 600 code to artist signatures before 1000-series were a thing.

Also, some 400-series are from back when 400 was a high number.

They are. ESP has been weird AF with numbers below the 600 series, but 600s [and single digit numbers] have always been the highest-tier sig LTD guitars. 300 used to be the highest Standard LTD, then it was 400, then it was 500, and now it's 400 again. :lol:

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Stupid question: is Gus G back with ESP? I was reading the ESP site for 2022 news and his name was in the linear notes.

Marked Man

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been saying this forever but if the neck heel is getting in your way, you have technique problems you need to sort out. My DK24 heel is plenty rounded. There is nothing left for them to cut away. Guthrie's sig model still has a giant block heel on it with no sculpting... The back side of the lower horn is the part that gets in the way and Charvel has that sculpted out on most of their guitars.

The San Dimas still has old school joint. Not a problem for me personally as I have large hands, but it could be better. My idea with my San Dimas Ash was to have basically everything that came on the Washburn N4 except the Stephens extended cutaway, which is insane! After playing an N4, the old school San Dimas neck joint is like riding a motorcycle that really needs one more gear on top----you know it could be better. At least my USA Charvels and even MIJs have an angled block/back plate. It makes a BIG difference!

The DK24 series joints are perfectly fine. I'd like to see SD duplicate that upgrade.