Jackson and Chris Borderick

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by ArtDecade, Sep 16, 2021.

1. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Dank Stash

Chris can play. No doubt.

USA 6 Tremolo
    USA 7 Tremolo
    USA 6 Hard Tail
    USA 7 Hard Tail

Pro Series 6 Tremolo
    Pro Series 7 Tremolo
    Pro Series 6 Hard Tail
    Pro Series 7 Hard Tail

But, that is a whole lot of signature model guitars for a guy that isn't in a massive band. How many of these can Jackson possibly be moving?

2. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike Contributor

Well he WAS in megadetherino. When did his endorsement start in relation to that?

3. ArtDecade

... wasn't he playing that trans-white Ibanez back with Megadeth though? I'm not sure when he got the deal, but Jackson sent me a marketing email about his two newest signature models and I was surprised by how many models there were. For a guy playing in Act Of Defiance, Jackson is really backing him. Gotta be cool for Chris though.

OmegaSlayer likes this.
  4. NoodleFace

NoodleFace Delicious Noodles

He joined Jackson in like 2011 in the middle of being in Megadeth. Was also in Nevermore and Jag Panzer

5. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

Jag Panzer kick ass! Ample Destruction is amazing.

6. ArtDecade

I know his resume. Does Broderick move the needle for a lot of guitar buyers? He doesn't seem to be in the spotlight right now - unless you consider filling in with In Flames as a big deal.

aesthyrian likes this.
  7. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Pretty sure when he was with Megadeth he only played the 6 strings with them but used 7 strings for his other projects. It is pretty odd he gets so many models for not being a huge icon but that's pretty cool Jackson is doing it. I'd like to see a 7 sting Phil Collen model with sustainer and everything. That'd be rad.

Djentlyman and ArtDecade like this.
  8. Emperoff

Emperoff Not using 5150s Contributor

I think I can answer that...

Broderick is by no means a popular guitar player, but his guitar is indeed a great seller. In Jackson groups is very popular and well regarded, and they sell loads of them apprently. They look great and the pickups have a lot of hype on them. Also the 7-string is the only guitar in existence featuring the Floyd Rose Pro-7.

So I guess that if the guitar sells well, Jackson doesn't give a damn if Broderick is doing anything remarkable right now or not. Let's say that if Bulb sells sigs to rich kids, Broderick sells guitar to rich lawyers :lol:

If the guitar wasn't 12" radius and didn't weight like a damn anchor boat, I'm sure as hell I'd get a trans black or a white one. Or both.

I mean, it looks fkn awesome, doesn't it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  9. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Beauty can't be seen through the eyes

Genuinely this, and the Warrior, maybe the Kelly, are the only Jackson's I enjoy.

Wildebeest likes this.
  10. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

Adding to the above, Chris sort of has a legacy artist vibe now.

He's been with Jackson for a decade and was in a big band when that started, was on magazine covers and was a bankable name, so he was able to sell lots of guitars. He was in that big band for long enough that enough people know his name that when he left that band his reputation could still sell guitars. And now he's just like the guy at Jackson who is a really good "modern" shredder whose guitar is well respected because it's been around for a decade, so it sells because there will always be a market for really good guitars that are just different enough to be interesting but still basically strat shaped.

It's sort of like how Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert haven't been in Whitesnake/DLR or Mr Big (pretend it's 2007) for a long time but those guys still sell a bunch of guitars every year from being Ibanez guys with respected guitar lines.

11. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike Contributor

I didn't even know he was playing with In Flames! Kind of seems like an under utilization of his abilities since there isn't a lot of wheedley wheedley sweepy stuff.

ArtDecade likes this.
  12. Manurack

Manurack Nunavut Inuk

Does anyone else wish that Chris and Jeff Loomis can do Nevermore again? I know it's impossible after the original singer Warrel Dane passed away from alcoholism.

But Alice in Chains are still kicking ass to this day after Layne Staley passed away...

I didn't like it when Nevermore had Steve Smyth on guitar, mainly because he couldn't do the dual harmonized solos with Jeff on 'Enemies of Reality'

But damn, Chris Broderick and Jeff Loomis definitely had chemistry when they jammed together! For example:

13. Manurack

Manurack Nunavut Inuk

I just realized that both Chris Broderick and Jeff Loomis are both endorsed by Jackson now, that Jackson could have them do a cover album of their favorite songs from any genre and we would all buy the fucking album!

I'd love to see them do a harmonized version of Marty Friedman's solo on Tornado of Souls!

14. Kyle Jordan

Kyle Jordan Ace of Knaves

If it weren’t for the straight 12” radius, his models could potentially surpass the Soloist in my eyes. And even with me hating 12” straight radii usually, the designs are still generally excellent.

I’ll also say that “Birth And The Burial” and “Old Scars New Wounds” are two of my top ten albums that have come out in the last ten years. Burial in particular because I really enjoy the songs and his tones on that album are maybe the best I’ve heard in the “modern” era.

15. Dekay82

Dekay82 I WANT the fret nibs

Chris Broderick is to Jackson what Zach Myers is to PRS

*This is no way any comment on the dude’s chops, we’re talking strictly retail here

StevenC likes this.
  16. aesthyrian

aesthyrian SS.org Regular

Sounds like a great pay day and an easy job. His old pal Loomis might have inspired that idea.:agreed:

17. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

Every time I see his guitar I'm reminded how ridiculously awesome that Jackson 3x3 and 4x3 headstock is. Easily my favorite out there

18. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

You're forgetting this bad boy, the CB2 Diabolic:
    [​IMG]

19. Manurack

Manurack Nunavut Inuk

When I first saw this, I thought it was a mutated Chernobyl thing of Dimebag's ML. But I grew to like it.

I've also heard that Broderick's signature Jacksons are HEAVY AS FUCK with them being an archtop body design.

mastapimp likes this.
  20. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

Yes, they are. I have the first production trans white soloist from NAMM. it's heavier than my les paul standard. Amazing guitar if the weight doesn't bother you.