Jackson American Series

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, not to be "that guy", but that picture seems staged as fuck.

Everything else on that rack is incomplete, or a single SKU with tags, it looks very much like a rack of rework with a single, very complete, non-tagged Jackson in it.

I'm guessing those two guitars after the Jackson have finish issues discovered during sanding/buffing and are going for rework/rebuild/trash or whatever.
Everything else is also a Fender. It's staged.

soul_lip_mike

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been to Corona a few times. It's surprisingly small. They've built out annex areas for certain things, but the actual production floor is pretty cramped considering just how many guitars and basses they put out.

Gibson Nashville is similar, they're so tight for space the guitars are hanging from a rack system in the ceiling.

as seen here in the ceiling :D

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Alright, not to be "that guy", but that picture seems staged as fuck.

Everything else on that rack is incomplete, or a single SKU with tags, it looks very much like a rack of rework with a single, very complete, non-tagged Jackson in it.

I'm guessing those two guitars after the Jackson have finish issues discovered during sanding/buffing and are going for rework/rebuild/trash or whatever.

For context, I just got it from a random Instagram account I came across because of a hashtag I follow. It seems to be a pic from his factory tour along with some selfies and other pics. And it's not from one of the gear influencers we know.

olejason

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's that orange bass with the rosewood neck? Custom? I don't think they offer rosewood bass necks through the Mod Shop anymore.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Looks like this is the launch. That riff and the solos, but the drums sound sketchy as fuck when the snare goes double time. Are they pushing a "four elements" theme?
I know from web stalking these, that there's satin slime green, white, blue, and maybe black?
i'm genuinely looking forward to these. I've found myself wanting a neck through 90s Jackson recently but they're few and far between. And expensive. If these stay sub $2000 they could be a winner in my eyes!
Edit: They all look to be HSS, does anyone actually chose that setup?

Last edited:

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Traditional strat fans do. Maybe it’s to keep demand down? “Don’t make it too popular, so we can justify dropping the line due to low sales if we want?” Because buddy lemme tell ya, H/S/S is absolutely NOT the same as our based H/S.

I’m in full conspiracy mode RN.

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
HSS is the traditional SL1 configuration and what a lot of people would most expect for a Soloist. I suppose 2H is more popular these days, but an awful lot of people have chosen HSS for Soloists over the years. You get the good traditional Strat positions with a bridge pickup that’s actually useful. It’s basically part of what the term “super Strat” was based on.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
HSS is the traditional SL1 configuration and what a lot of people would most expect for a Soloist. I suppose 2H is more popular these days, but an awful lot of people have chosen HSS for Soloists over the years. You get the good traditional Strat positions with a bridge pickup that’s actually useful. It’s basically part of what the term “super Strat” was based on.
When I think of soloists I think hss. 2hum feels like a downgrade.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Traditional strat fans do. Maybe it’s to keep demand down? “Don’t make it too popular, so we can justify dropping the line due to low sales if we want?” Because buddy lemme tell ya, H/S/S is absolutely NOT the same as our based H/S.

I’m in full conspiracy mode RN.

When I think of soloists I think hss. 2hum feels like a downgrade.

Interesting! Could be personal experience as I always wanted 2 hum but could only ever find HSS! :D
I've never thought of the whole super STRAT thing referring to the pickups, more just the body shape + modern appointments. Everyday's a school day!

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just over $2700

1662473429352.png

• Wow
Reactions: LCW

mogar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's right at the MJ Soloist price... Makes one wonder if the MJ series will get a price cut, get discontinued, or attempt coexistence.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's right at the MJ Soloist price... Makes one wonder if the MJ series will get a price cut, get discontinued, or attempt coexistence.

I have a feeling that's why they went with the SL1 for the American and SL2 for the MJ. No overlap makes me think they'll be available at the same time...at least for awhile.

Agalloch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

It doesn't really seem like the MJ stuff is moving. I wouldn't be surprised if they get discontinued.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Is it just going to be the one model to test the waters or is it going to be a full series at launch and the rest just hasn't seen daylight yet?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't really seem like the MJ stuff is moving. I wouldn't be surprised if they get discontinued.
The MJ stuff is too expensive for what it is. It seems like they're about $400 over the E-II or Prestige stuff. I'll bet this replaces the MJ line, and we'll find out they're built in Mexico before being finished in Corona (hence the "American" rather than "USA").

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
If they build a Black Kelly like that, I'll pre-order. Even with those obnoxious upside-down sharks. Jackson does really let you know you have a lower-end model.

Sslfetish

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's up with the nut with philips screws??? Locking gotohs as well