Jackson American Series

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Has the quality improved? I remember reading a lot of meh things about the Concepts.

I ordered and had the MJ Dinky. It was nicely made but then the salesguy told me they had that walnut natural Sl2h Concept in stock. So I returned the MJ because I like a Soloist better.

Comparing the Mj with the Concept, it's imperceptibly very close. The mj just had better fretwork. Fit, finish, setup, and the way they both feel and sound are pretty much comparable.

jahosy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had the SL27EX wildcard, made in Korea. Cheaper than the concept / MJ series and it's very well built. Only complain i had was the 12th fret perloid inlay which look cheap.

Ended up selling it to fund a Jackson CS.

Will be interesting to see if they'll release rhoads / kelly / warrior on these MIA series.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't imagine them not doing the Rhoads. The others were always the lower sellers, so I'd expect to see them later, after proof-of-concept.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
Hopefully these are built up to the quality of the Charvel select line. Those are nice guitars. If they are built only like a standard USA Fender, then I will not be impressed at this price because additional fretwork is likely going to be needed.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man I know a warrior is going to be dead last, but still can dream. Would love to see things like richlite boards on the USA line too. Consistent coloring/etc of fretboards.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I am very interested. Hopefully priced decently and like some one said just as good as the Charvel USA Select line.

Sslfetish

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No it does not say made where. It says Corona California. That's its HQ. Like a big Mac is a 100% beef from 100%Beef Inc.

RevelGTR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No it does not say made where. It says Corona California. That's its HQ. Like a big Mac is a 100% beef from 100%Beef Inc.
Music Man and all Fender USA guitars do the same, California is quite strict about what qualifies as “made in.”

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If quality is there I don't mind no binding and the 1500 series trem or the foam case. But if the price in the EU and UK is at €2950 price, as I saw that listing, then its a hard no. I know prices have gone way up but this is verging on the ridiculous now.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They're not even big enough to have separate production lines for Jackson?

Huh. Surprising.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're not even big enough to have separate production lines for Jackson?

Huh. Surprising.

I've been to Corona a few times. It's surprisingly small. They've built out annex areas for certain things, but the actual production floor is pretty cramped considering just how many guitars and basses they put out.

Gibson Nashville is similar, they're so tight for space the guitars are hanging from a rack system in the ceiling.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just saw this off Instagram. This is inside the Corona factory. White SL3 right there. View attachment 111699

What are those Strat things behind the Jackson?

Alright, not to be "that guy", but that picture seems staged as fuck.

Everything else on that rack is incomplete, or a single SKU with tags, it looks very much like a rack of rework with a single, very complete, non-tagged Jackson in it.

I'm guessing those two guitars after the Jackson have finish issues discovered during sanding/buffing and are going for rework/rebuild/trash or whatever.