Middle: Seymour Duncan® Flat Strat® SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil
Neck: Seymour Duncan® Flat Strat® SSL-6 Single-Coil
Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
Switching5-position blade switch

Last edited:

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am curious where these are actually made. It says American Series but not made in America.

A serial number that starts with J is usually custom shop but not with that many digits. Maybe an extension of the Japan line?

Ah I understand you now, you're meaning that whilst it says "Corona California" its missing the crucial "made in" bit, and it could just be Jackson choosing to list an address on the back of the headstock, like the old neck plates.

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Contributor
Reaction score
From the product overview image above "(...)marking the first made-in-Corona flagship product line for the brand."

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Would have preferred the gotoh like on the mj line. Confused about there not being made in America anywhere on it. Are they started in Mexico and finished in corona California? I was under the assumption that all usa production has been in corona since shortly after the fender acquisition.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm guessing they added line capacity to the Corona facility, maybe sharing the line with Fender? Either way, might be interesting.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe Fender should just stick to making things in Mexico.

Having BEEN to Corona, CA, I cannot say that it inspires any confidence

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Descriptions on these keep saying "inverted shark fin inlays"

These look like the typical Jackson shark fins. Am I missing something?

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They’re upside down. :scratch:
I know what you mean, but they've always been advertised as just shark fins. When i bought my KE3 back in the mid-90s, it came with "reverse shark fins" on the fingerboard, which do in fact, look like the correct orientation of a dorsal fin breaking the surface.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
So what I'm gathering its probably going to be a step down in quality from previous usa production. Probably made next to the fender American series if pricing is to be believed. American ultra strats are 2k so a neck through at 2.6 sounds about right.

Reactions: LCW

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is this their answer to ESP USA? Looks like it has mother of pearl inlays. I love that! Like the 90's MIJ old school Professional models.
Also probably just a way to get USA-made Jacksons out there again at a decent price. There was a huge backlog of USA jacksons from the standard factory, plus they weren't getting any cheaper.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So what I'm gathering its probably going to be a step down in quality from previous usa production. Probably made next to the fender American series if pricing is to be believed. American ultra strats are 2k so a neck through at 2.6 sounds about right.

I don't think they'll be much of a difference compared to current JCS quality if they're just Fender American level.

That's why they had to make it a little weird. Binding would have been perfectly doable, same with regular inlays and USA on the front of the headstock.

Sort of like how PRS will never do a full carve on anything but a Core or above.

It's all about upholding the idea of the quality ladder.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
I dig it. Wish the fretboard was bound of course but great to have Jackson able to actually pump out some US made guitars again. The wheel adjust truss rod and graphite rods are a nice touch (it seems most of my fav guitars have some sort of reinforcement in the neck, so now I look for it in a guitar).

Reactions: LCW