Jackson American Series

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Made in America or not, there's just too much wrong with these guitars.

On another note, am I the only one who feels like Jackson are kind of out of touch with things generally? Like, do they know what they're doing? Do they know who their customers are? Looking at all this marketing, it's just so... "uncool"? I feel like if ESP did this they'd at least make the guitars seem cool.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Made in America or not, there's just too much wrong with these guitars.

On another note, am I the only one who feels like Jackson are kind of out of touch with things generally? Like, do they know what they're doing? Do they know who their customers are? Looking at all this marketing, it's just so... "uncool"? I feel like if ESP did this they'd at least make the guitars seem cool.
Can you elaborate? Alyssa Day's vid with the SL3 is great, Travis Levrier is touring with intervals with one, and then a few of the other of their long-time artists that you'd expect which are probably the corny parts to you? How is it different from when neural drops a plugin and everyone and their mom on the internet has a same-day demo ready?

Also an edit: Jackson is a heritage brand at this point, they need new customers too. They have to have Scott Ian to appeal to their old base, and people like Alyssa Day to bring in new ones.

Last edited:

zw470

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've even seen ads for them on TikTok.

Sslfetish

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been fortunate scoring late 80's and 90's , and yes 2000's usa's fir reasonable prices. Most basically unplayed. Beautiful examples with everything this doesn't have for between 2500 and 3500 cdn in extreme cases. Then I bought a basic soloist indo in white new for 700 cdn w case. It has binding. Plays great. In Canada that new American is basically 4 grand. Sorry no can do. Ymmv. Pics in the Jackson charvel thread

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I am just glad we will be getting USA Made Jacksons that, upon initial reviews from dealers, will be of a consistent quality. Stuff from the Jackson USA Custom shop, or Jackson USA Period, has been so hit and miss over years....

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm in the "never buy guitars for over $1k crowd", but I think these are cool. I would want one, but I don't buy guitars over 1k. :)

oracles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
All this seems like the perfect reason for Jackson to release a soloist with a Kahler. All the floyd corksniffers will have to sit that one out.

Throw a Kahler on it and near no one will buy it. If you think people are vocal about what FR is on it now, the whining will increase tenfold with the addition of Kahler.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Throw a Kahler on it and near no one will buy it. If you think people are vocal about what FR is on it now, the whining will increase tenfold with the addition of Kahler.
You are poking very valid holes in my reasoning rendering my argument useless. Please don't do that.

jonsick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh I fully believe it is made in USA or Corona. Whatever we are meant to say, I don't think there is some conspiracy. The thing is, since I've come home, I've had hands around my USA Strat for a good amount of time and whether my mind is playing tricks on me or what, I would say that the necks are identical. I almost want to go back with it and AB them.

If that Mick Thompson soloist appears in my dreams enough I may well do that on the way. But ultimately, I don't believe the conspiracy that there's some scam going on.

As for Jackson USA, I currently own 6 individual Jackson USAs and have traded on about ten or so over the last ten years. I think I'm pretty confident in saying that the output of the USA shop is consistent. While we have all seen that 23 fret Kelly and some other bloopers, I honestly think that this is the rare case and potentially not as emblematic of Jackson USA as people like to bleat on about. I've come across high-end guitars from other brands that were worse with some rather obvious and irritating flaws to them. Either that or so far I've been very lucky with Jackson USA.

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh I fully believe it is made in USA or Corona. Whatever we are meant to say, I don't think there is some conspiracy. The thing is, since I've come home, I've had hands around my USA Strat for a good amount of time and whether my mind is playing tricks on me or what, I would say that the necks are identical. I almost want to go back with it and AB them.

If that Mick Thompson soloist appears in my dreams enough I may well do that on the way. But ultimately, I don't believe the conspiracy that there's some scam going on.

As for Jackson USA, I currently own 6 individual Jackson USAs and have traded on about ten or so over the last ten years. I think I'm pretty confident in saying that the output of the USA shop is consistent. While we have all seen that 23 fret Kelly and some other bloopers, I honestly think that this is the rare case and potentially not as emblematic of Jackson USA as people like to bleat on about. I've come across high-end guitars from other brands that were worse with some rather obvious and irritating flaws to them. Either that or so far I've been very lucky with Jackson USA.

Have you not had problems with the bridge route alignment being off with the neck, putting the high e too close to the fretboard edge?

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If Brandon Ellis is playing it, it's cool to me. Not sure how that marketing is a failure. I'd just rather chase the 80s Jacksons that Brandon plays 90% of the time he's not on the custom shop kelly.

I had to google who that is.

I did see the guitarist from Exmortus (cool band, In Hatred's Flame is very good) talk about these guitars in a video but he sounded like a robot reading from a script.

I'm wondering, does anybody play these because they like them, or is it because they're getting paid? If it's the latter it somehow doesn't mean as much.