J.Viewz started a Kickstarter campaign for his new album!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Skyblue, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

In case you don't know who J.Viewz is, either google it or simply listen to these awesome videos:

Jonathan Dagan, the man behind J.Viewz, started a Kickstarter project for his new album, called The DNA Project. The idea of this project is quite unique- Dagan is going to show the world his whole working process throughout the making of the album, by posting video, audio bits, and all kinds of other things. Look in the Kickstarter page- he explains it much better than I do~
    I encourage you all to look into it, and if you like it, donate a bit. There are some definitely cool rewards IMO, and the music is seriously awesome!

Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jviewz/jviewz-the-dna-project

I'd also just like to note I'm not affiliated with the guy in any way- just a fan wanting to pass the message forward :)

2. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

The music is okay, but likely not very popular around these parts.

It seems like a cool idea, but given that the music is fairly simple (i.e. you could make it in GarageBand yourself without investing an inordinate amount of time), I don't see why there's a need to start a $60,000 kickstarted campaign to pay for it. He seems not to be as much a musician as he is a businessman trying to capitalize on a product-driven process instead of one influenced by a desire to create music. I can't fault him for wanting to make money while creating something new, but packaging it in this way seems slightly disingenuous and just a bit entitled.

Edit: I don't know if what I said makes any sense to anyone other than me....suffice it to say I'm not a fan and I think artists should stay off kickstarter, especially when their musical prowess is measured in pre-programmed drum loops and modified synths.

3. Thorerges

Thorerges SS.org Regular

No idea why you are posting this here.

4. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

...Because I like this artist and would like his project to be completed? And also though others might be interested in it?

@Watty- if by "these parts" you mean this forum then yeah, it's obviously not music of the dominant genres around here, but I thought I'll give it a go anyway. Good music is good music. As for his level of musicianship- I can not really say as I'm not very familiar with the genre, he's basically the only electronic artist I know. I like the music he makes, and I'd like to support it. Is it worth 60,000$? Dunno. But I'd still share it if it was only a 1000$, or 600,000$.
    I'm hoping that does come through as aggressive, it really isn't. Cheers :)