ITT: People who can't take a joke

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Church2224, Jul 19, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

:ugh:

You can thank whichever mod for the e-rep I'm going to give you for that one.

On topic, Vermont has tons of food stamp/EBT assistance for people. Often I see people here selling their EBT cards for pennies on the dollar so that they can buy a carton of cigs or a case of beer. :noplease:

It's sad, but some people suffer because of the system, and others suffer because of themselves. By and large the people expect the government to deal with this kind of stuff fairly, prudently, and without prejudice, but it's impossible to totally please anyone or partially please everyone for that matter.

2. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

lol who renamed the thread?

3. orb451

orb451 Banned

The first rule of Mod Club is, you don't *talk* about the Mod's Club :lol:

4. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

Understood....

Someone has a great sense of humor lol.

Randy likes this.
  5. The Somberlain

The Somberlain Hollow Man

Who's the pinko now?:scratch:

6. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

This is gone all weird now.

7. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

Orb has been blessed with the ability to read/hear things that people aren't saying and then go off about it. That's what I've gathered from this thread. Sadly, nothing else of interest has taken place here.

Scar Symmetry likes this.
  8. daemon barbeque

daemon barbeque Banned

I actaully support two of your opinions presented in this thread.
    1) The most talented should be getting on top
    2) There are people who get more and not give back.

Where we disagree is, how a "talented" person can know if he/she is talented without proper education, equal possibilities of presentation.
    The people who get more and not give back are the strongest and biggest corporations.
    in year 2006, Mercedes Benz payed less tax than the cleaning personal work for them!!!
    In year 2007, BMW made it's highest income ever, and told the Government tax officers to fuck off, or they would leave Germany and 15 000 workers.

The Tax payed for the social equality and public healthcare is mostly payed by the Hard Working people, who don't have the chance to climb higher, even not have enough power to search for a better job.
    The Wealthy does not pay enough tax to support the system. They may created jobs, but they earn more than the person who got the job. Taxcuts, subventions etc are bonus. Oh and when they fuck up, we pay the bailout!

9. Guitarman700

Guitarman700 SS.org Regular

What the hell happened in here?!
    This has taken a turn for the bizarre.

10. McKay

McKay ʎɐʞɔW

But that's inherently unfair because a true, equal meritocracy rewards natural ability over all else.

11. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Whichever Mod did this, I love you. :hug:

12. chronocide

chronocide Total Grind Hell

I'm not sure what point you're making here? Or how my statement is unfair? It is the only way in which it could be fair.

13. orb451

orb451 Banned

And no one can address why, as in my guitar collection example, a person with a lot, should be compelled to give to those with a little, arbitrarily.

I thought we were having a discussion, but apparently some people can't handle it... :nuts:

14. Ryan-ZenGtr-

Ryan-ZenGtr- SS.org Regular

I think I've worked it out;

Liberals complain about corporate fat cats predating on the poor an using "charitable foundations", off shore banking tax havens and assorted to syphon their money away from the tax system.

Conservatives complain about lazy people... In general... with a focus on the poor.

Wrong? Just my observations from a few threads here.

@orb: Let the guitar analogy go, dude :D

There's enough reality to discuss without inventing things.

Go read Ayn Rand's "on the shoulders of giants"... Pro de regulation fiction / agenda.

:rofl:

Love the new thread name! <3

Zeig Zeig 1776!!! :D

:rofl:

15. orb451

orb451 Banned

Can one of the mods please close my account?

Randy - Fuck off buddy, if you want to hide behind your mod status like a little bitch, you go right ahead. If you want to make your e-penis bigger by playing childish pranks, go right ahead. I thought better of you and I guess I was wrong, we had some good debates, it's a shame what power does to an individual. Oh and if I'm mistaken and it was the guy below, my apologies! :lol:

Eaeolian - You can go fuck yourself too shit dick. I don't think I've ever gotten along with you. Your debates always consisted of "there's a white elephant in the room" that no one but you was talking about :lol:. Hope you grow up some day.

Max - You're one of the best, most helpful guys on here. Keep it up bro. :yesway:

Technomancer - Never had any issues with you man, stay frosty :yesway:

The rest of you folks and you know exactly who you are that I enjoyed debating/discussing, thank you. It's been real.

Some of you pinko/commie/liberal/so and so's have been a real challenge and a real pleasure to chat/debate with. Some of you still sound like misguided, angst ridden 20 somethings.

A few of you in particular I'll never understand and really don't need to.

Be sure to grab a screen cap of this before it's changed to "mod edit" TL;DR or some other bullshit. Get over yourselves and your ADD gents, I think there's meds for that I suggest you stay on them :yesway: Make a meme out of this!

Conservatives on here, keep fighting the good fight. Don't let these limp dick hippies have the last word. Those whom I especially enjoyed chatting with should know how to reach me. If not, hit me up off-site on one of the other forums.

"...say goodnight to the bad guy"

AySay likes this.
  16. renzoip

renzoip I Am the Table

Actually, any analogy that involves personal property is a pretty bad formulated analogy and hardly representative of how taxes work. Again, the taxing system is meant to make the *means of production* more available to the public and help provide a basic safety net for the public; the public includes you. That means, it's not your just your personal property or money that's being given up, and it is being invested in public institutions that are there to serve everyone, not just having the government hand your money to some lazy bum, as the right wing folk tries to make you believe.

Believe it or not, some people love nice roads, good public schools, nice public healthcare, social security, etc. So they fund them through taxes. Also, I love how the rightwing folk always uses the example of the small guy working hard to improve his life. That's nice and all but it's not the reality of the majority of big corporations and the rich people that are behind them. Many of them make their profits make their money by taking advantage of poor people's necessity to feed their families, usually overseas, usually displaced from their land and original means of production, usually plundering other people's non-renewable resources, usually working with oppressive right wing government run by elites who work for US interests rather than for the well being of their people.... not exactly what I call "honest hard work" or even "business"

17. chronocide

chronocide Total Grind Hell

I don't really understand what's gone on here. A mod has gone through editing Orbs posts in a effort to be witty?

18. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

"Get over yourselves" - you're saying this, yet you think somebody might care about this enough to screen capture it, and save it in their archives. Woah. Hypocrite, much?

Anyway, I've had enough agreeable arguments with you that I don't hate you or anything, I just think your ability to see the other side of the argument is poor at times. Not my place to judge, just sharing my opinion.

19. ArkaneDemon

ArkaneDemon SS.org Regular

I open up PCE and I see this thread title that I haven't seen before, yet it has 10 pages of replies and...I don't remember replying in here...and then I open it up and I realized what happened, and now orb is leaving?

Who saw this coming? Cause I didn't :lol:

20. Ryan-ZenGtr-

Ryan-ZenGtr- SS.org Regular

...And on that bombshell....

Come back Orb!!! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.