Is this the JPXIII?

ras1988

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't think all of the idle talk about model saturation has really hit the EBMM camp. It feels like there are more variations of the JP model than all of their other guitar line. It also feels like whenever there is a new album cycle there is a new JP model that comes out to facilitate exactly what John wants out of an instrument at that particular moment. If you take each iteration as a snapshot of where Petrucci has been and is going it is interesting. That being said I would like to see some special runs of something like the Morse model, they are incredible instruments for any amount of money really (the dark lord was a really interesting guitar, but I would have rather have the semi-hollow custom that Steve was carting around a while back).

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
OMG SO AWESOME AND NEW ITS SO DIFFERENT I CANT HANDLE IT HOW CAN THEY BE SO CREATIVE AND REVOLUTIONARY!!!!!!111!!!!!!!eleven!!!

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Disappointed, I'll stay with my 12.

jp13.jpg

Nitsuj

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The JPX is starting to become like the iPhone. This shit never ends.

walleye

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get torn apart here, but I'm honestly not all that impressed by EBMM. I mean, they're not bad guitars, but I also don't think they're $2,500+ good... :shrug:

Made in America, not minimum wage. But you're right, those selfish bastards they should pay their workers $7/ hr so you can save a couple of hundred on a guitar

Uncreative123

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
FART. Not into this at all now. 17" radius and ROSEWOOD? No thanks. That "13" is ridiculous too. I'd much rather have the BFR tag on the 12th fret and nothing on the first.
Pretty disappointing after JP said the 20" radius wasn't going anywhere...and that again, almost nothing has changed except the color. I hope it was deliberately underwhelming to make the 'stallion' that much better in comparison.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad I stuck with my XI, as it's pretty evident that there is no certainty that these guitars will increase in desirability year-over-year, but instead they seem to be just changing/evolving for better or worse. I'm sure to someone out there, JP included, this just became the perfect guitar, but it's not quite my cup of tea.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
It's got 9s instead of 10s? Seems odd.
When they make a JPX with the XI/12 neck I'll be interested. Also, I hope the Stallion is a bit better than this.

theonetruematt

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The amount of time I'll be spending at the EBMM booth at NAMM just decreased by several hours. If its the same woods as the JP12 I already know its gonna be a pass for me. Love the XI but the XII sounded like turds to me.

Really curious how the "Stallion" went from "COME SEE IT AT NAMM!!!" to "j/k, its not ready" in about a week. I bet the JP13 preamp is just stolen from the not-actually-called-Stallion and they made it silver and crapped it out so there would be a new JP if the Stallion wasn't ready.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
This is a JP12 in a different finish, different fretboard wood, a much worse inlay, not a BFR?, and a preamp thrown in just for shits and giggle.

Pass.

yuureikun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Someone just asked on the Ernie Ball forums about the lack of BFR inlay, this was the official response:

"We will be using bfr neck plates instead of inlays starting in 2013."

Not to nitpick, since it Petrucci's signature guitar and all, but I am really not feeling the missing 12th fret inlay. There is just a huge empty gap on the neck.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Someone just asked on the Ernie Ball forums about the lack of BFR inlay, this was the official response:

"We will be using bfr neck plates instead of inlays starting in 2013."

Not to nitpick, since it Petrucci's signature guitar and all, but I am really not feeling the missing 12th fret inlay. There is just a huge empty gap on the neck.

I prefer no inlays.All the people I jam with always ask me how I can play a guitar without inlays xD

FretWizard88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Am I the only one that actually likes the guitar in front the best? The JPXIII looks just like every other JP model.