Is Pod HD Pro latent in preset switching?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by LolloBlaskhyrt, Apr 22, 2012.

1. LolloBlaskhyrt

LolloBlaskhyrt HD Pro abuser

Many people said thath the Pod HD Pro is pretty latent when you change the preset (something like a delay or in some cases a "blackout"). Never happened to you? I'm gonna buy it (too poor for AxeFx) and I need to know if is a good choice! I don't know also how I could switch the presets from a Behringer FCB1010: I read both instruction manuals and I didn't understand how to do it. I'm not buying that tomorrow but I want to know if it worth...
    Thanks!

Wookieslayer likes this.
  2. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Bird Law expert

There is a small gap when switching tones, but it's a super short one, at that. If you're playing in a live setting, it'd be kind of hard to notice with drums, bass, and possibly vocals going on at the same time.

3. chimp_spanner

chimp_spanner I am a meat popsicle

Yeah it's a very short gap, especially compared to the X3. If you're clever with your setlists and patches, you could even rig up seamless changing between two tones in one preset using the volume pedal to blend between two signal paths, or using one foot switch to toggle multiple effects/amps on or off.

4. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

I use the HD500 live with a poweramp. There is a tiny patch change latency. Not enough to ruin your set, and it's only noticable if you are playing by youself. With a full band behind you, it's easy to blend in.

That being said, I do have a solution depending on what you are wanting to change to. If it's simply for lead, check out my video, I have all my effects sitting in one patch and assign multiple effects to footswitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdppyCWNhg

5. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

ah chimps last remark beat me to it, haha. Still, the video I made talks you though assigning multiple effects to a single footswitch. Watch in full screen 720hd to see it.