FS Instrumental Pickups Reece Scruggs PAF

Discussion in 'Gear For Sale / Trade/ Wanted' started by jorgercrosa, Jan 17, 2019.

1. jorgercrosa

jorgercrosa SS.org Regular

NewBrief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: For your consideration is an Instrumental Pickups Reece Scruggs PAF bridge pickup, alnico 8 magnet, around 9.8k, can be heard all over the latest Havok album
    Modifications (if any): N/A
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): N/A
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Atlanta, GA
    International OK?: Not this time
    Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM here or jorge.r.c.rosa@gmail.com
    References (eBay or other forum userid): theemptylines on eBay, Jorge's Boutique on Reverb
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $100 shipped
    Pictures:

2. jorgercrosa

3. jorgercrosa

Still here. Some people asked why isn't this pickup a blade design, like the current signature model. This is the prototype, the one actually used to record the Havok album. The signature pickup with the blade design came later. :)

4. juankyman

juankyman SS.org Regular

I have a set of atomic dusters. They are a8 and in my opinion all i ever wanted for a medium output pickup. They sit in an ibanez semi hollow and they can be very warm and jazzy without getting flabby on the low end which is what i hate about a lot of gibson and paf pickups. Also they can scream without dampening the true character of the instrument. I wonder how close were this prototypes to the ones i have which were discontinued a while ago. Anyway ethan is tha man. He truly know his craft and instrumental are very fine pieces of gear. Free bump!

5. jorgercrosa

Hey man! Thanks for sharing your experience. I am not familiar with this atomic duster, I remember when Ethan mentioned the comic duster, which is A5. I only listed this because I don't have a guitar for it at the moment, but now you are making me wanna keep it! :)

6. juankyman

juankyman SS.org Regular

Man on that ibby i went from a lot of sets in search for a nice paf/vintage sound that worked for reggae jazz and blues to rock and even metal since i was playing in a reggae fusion band at the time. Apart from the stocks i tried, dimarzios pf pro, air norton, air classic neck and bridge. This last combo ended up in another guitar (sounded amazing). But for the semihollow i wanted to get a bit more of the hollowed character but hated how with a pair of gibson 490t/498r the sustain was a bit compromised and couldn't stand the muddy low end specially with od or dist. Traded the gibbys for the instrumentals and never looked back. Did everything i wanted and very fing good! Im selling that guitar cause i need to fund a new car now but i wouldn't doubt to order instrumentals again. They are a lot more bang for the boutique buck than other companies like bareknuckles which i installed a bunch for different clients and most of them left me wanting more.

Attached Files:

jorgercrosa likes this.