Indigo Chapters corrupting young minds!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Musiscience, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Yes.

Every RG1527 received the Edge Pro. The RG1527Z got the Edge Zero, and the stupid rare RG15271 got a Gotoh fixed bridge.

The early RG1527s also got the light, nearly chrome, Powder Cosmo Edge Pro. The darker, regular Cosmo wasn't until the fourth or fifth year.

Musiscience likes this.
  3. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

So this is definitely a Japanese 7420.

4. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

- This is what pisses me off about big retail. All the mom and pop book stores are basically out of business and now almost all the big book stores too, almost entirely because of Amazon.
    - Same thing with all mom and pop music stores too, almost all because of Guitar Center and now those are starting to go away because of internet too.
    - All the mom and pop stores were always the best and always had the best stuff. There use to be multiple mom and pop stores out here before Guitar Center and they had a bunch of boutique stuff. I could go in and play Boogies, Marshalls, Matchless, Laney's, Peaveys, etc plus boutique pedals all in the same store. The guitars they had were mostly top notch too. It was awesome and I looked forward to going to the music store and knew the people working there and gave and brought them a lot of business.
    - I haven't been to a Guitar Center other than when I needed an emergency string replacement or cable in like 15 years. I've walked in there a handful of times and everytime I go in they don't have anything worth looking at and I get swarmed by salesmen. The guitars suck. They don't have any stuff I'm interested in even though they're dealers for brands like Ibanez etc. They're just full of low end garbage.
    - The old days were much better in this regard. Same with bookstores, record stores, arcades (remember those!) and pool halls/ bars, small clubs for live local concerts, food, and a bunch of other stuff too. Pretty much everything was better. The advantage nowadays is you can order something and return it just cause you don't like it usually, but I'd trade that for one of those old music stores or book stores in a heartbeat.

Musiscience and Hollowway like this.
  5. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

Half-price books is pretty dope if there's one near you.

c7spheres and Musiscience like this.
  6. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

That’s sad to hear. To be honest, I probably contribute a lot to this as I read a lot on my Kindle rather than paper these last few years. Thankfully, I never noticed any of my local bookstores closing, they have been there forever. This Chapters is somewhat recent but we have 2-3 others that were already there when I was a kid (although they renovated and etc). Love the feeling that there is so much l knowledge at your fingertips when browsing through bookstores or libraries. Something about being able to physically see the quantity of books.

zappatton2 and Hollowway like this.
  7. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

Yup, I live in Ottawa, and book stores here are thriving, both Chapters outlets in the 'burbs and smaller indie stores downtown.

8. Frostbite

Frostbite Periphery Shill

This thread is such a giant waste of time but also a peak example of why I love the internet

wannabguitarist and trem licking like this.
  9. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

^ Was just about to say this is exactly what I come to SS.org for nowadays

10. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

And I thought this was going to be some sort of "Canadians are dumb!" joke :lol:

11. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Lol, unfortunately I think we Americans tightly hold the "dumb" title these days. We're the country that believes science is a vast conspiracy against our constitution.

c7spheres likes this.
  12. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

Yeah we've had a lock on that title for a while. Sadly haha

Hollowway likes this.