Incredible App Idea

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zephyrkillz, Mar 18, 2014.

1. zephyrkillz

zephyrkillz SS.org Regular

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9863-fastlane-self-checkout-app?locale=en

Hey guys, I want to show you my latest app concept, I really believe it could change the world, there are some challenges though. The app is actually quite simple; the hard part would be getting the big brand stores to integrate the system.

Which is why I need your help, I’ve made the video along with a Thunderclap campaign. Thunderclap is a “crowdspeaking” platform that allows users to donate their social reach on Facebook and twitter. I couldn’t express how grateful I would be if you guys could help me by sharing this video like the plague.

Thanks for watching,

-Alec

Chuck likes this.
  2. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

Cashiers everywhere aren't going to be very happy with you.

3. AustinW90

AustinW90 SS.org Regular

I guarantee cashiers will appreciate this when they're doing their own grocery shopping.

4. silent suicide

silent suicide Winter is coming

That's pretty smart.
    Here in Sweden bigger store have self checkout systems allready, where you have a scanner, that you use with the store card. And at when you are done, you pay with your card. And don't have to wait inline.

This might save some more time though.
    Great idea.

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

And when do they get to do their own security to make sure no one's stealing, or are we working on the honor system?

6. Cabinet

Cabinet :O

There are detectors that can determine if an item has been paid for or not. All you have to do is allow the app to clear the bought grocery so it won't set off the alarm.
    If it does, the app will allow you to quickly bring up the receipt to security showing that you paid for it.
    If you steal it, you are burned in an oven.

7. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

Most of the time, though, it's something that needs to be demagnetized. That's not something that can be done on a phone.

8. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Our local supermarket has cashier-less lanes. How they work is that every single item in store (except for items which are sold in bulk like fruits and nuts) has its weight registered in a database. Everytime you scan an item, you then have to place that item on a large scale which checks the weight before you can scan another. You keep all your items on that scale until you finish the transaction. The scale also tells the computer if you put something on it without having scanned it first. They do naturally allow for a *little* bit of variance for items that are sold per-item but aren't always the same weight like supermarket chickens and that kind of thing.

There are also, of course, a couple people that watch the cashless lanes to monitor for theft.

9. vansinn

vansinn SS.org Regular

I generally avoid cashier-less lanes. I like giving the girls at the desk a smile :agreed:

10. Cabinet

Cabinet :O

Me too, people always compliment me on my looks and style and personally I love the attention