Incoming NGD: Strandberg Prog 6. Been gone a while, I got questions!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by glassmoon0fo, Sep 27, 2018.

1. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

Hey guys, been absent from posting much these past few years, good to be back around! Seeing that Strandberg updated their site with the new models (those classics look GREAT), they got rid of some of the old stock so I snatched a Prog 6 at a killer price. NGD incoming, if it's dope enough I'll have a Petrucci 6 on sale at a killer deal soon after.

My question is, a good long while ago, there was a version of the strandberg bridge that had a locking mechanism to make it into a hardtail or only allow for divebombs. Did any version of this bridge survive? Havn't heard much about it. And if not, anyone know if a standard Tremol-no will work on the current version 5 bridge? Lastly, I grabbed the last of the Korean stock, as far as I know the Cort/Indonesian stock is almost exactly the same except the pots used, anyone have experience with both and/or know what I should be on lookout for?

Hope this isn't inconveniently placed, I don't know where anything is anymore around here. Thanks guys!

2. vortex_infinium

vortex_infinium SS.org Regular

I remember a user here a while back saying it functions but sticks out the back a little bit.

But I also seen recent posts in Strandberg FB groups where people install them with no complaints.

glassmoon0fo likes this.
  3. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

Thanks a lot man, I’ll have to dig a bit further to see which model works for them. Got tracking for the new baby, should be here on Tuesday!