Impulse responses for 7 string/helix

duhjent

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What are your go-to IRs for helix.
I'm using a PRS mark holcomb 7 string into Helix LT and was wondering what IRs are you guys using

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IR brand-wise, York Audio are flavour of the month, Ownhammer are flavour of last month, and free ones will do just fine in many cases.

Speaker/cab-wise, It's really down to personal preference, but if you're into 7 string music there's a reasonable chance you will like an IR captured from a Mesa Oversized 4x12 with Vintage 30s.

Xaeldaren

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
York Audio's DV77 pack is great, and it also contains an IR that's specifically for drop tuning. I find it a little too "djenty" though, given how I set up the rest of my Pod Go - Horizon Drive > Revv Gen Purple.

GunpointMetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For my live sounds, I looooove the York DV-77 "Mean" mix IR. For jamming at home I tend to switch it up all the time between ML Sound Labs, Bogren, and York IRs depending on how I'm feeling. Bogren and ML both work GREAT in a mix or when you're just making noise, but I find them to all have a little too much EQ baked in for live and loud play.

Genome

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IR brand-wise, York Audio are flavour of the month, Ownhammer are flavour of last month, and free ones will do just fine in many cases.

Speaker/cab-wise, It's really down to personal preference, but if you're into 7 string music there's a reasonable chance you will like an IR captured from a Mesa Oversized 4x12 with Vintage 30s.

What happened with Ownhammer? I feel like they haven't released anything in years

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What happened with Ownhammer? I feel like they haven't released anything in years
Literally no idea. Everyone recommended them one day, and then the next day, the hive mind shifted to York Audio.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yet we have a YT guy who works for OH who posts using their stuff and its well received :lol:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Yet we have a YT guy who works for OH who posts using their stuff and its well received :lol:
I'm not so sure they work with them anymore as their signature doesn't reflect it anymore iirc it used to, and they have pretty consistently posted York audio as of late. Could be wrong.

GunpointMetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can't remember any specifics but I seem to recall something about them working with either a software or hardware manufacturer for exclusive cabs.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
H
I'm not so sure they work with them anymore as their signature doesn't reflect it anymore iirc it used to, and they have pretty consistently posted York audio as of late. Could be wrong.
Honestly havent checked :lol: but it made me try a OH212 factory cab and I liked the results.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If it's who I think it is, yeah, he uses York Audio impulses now.
FWIW I also use them. I use an IR from the 412 Mesa and 212 Mesa in stereo.

ATRguitar91

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Blend of the YA DV-77 and Mesa OS412/M65 Creamback 212. I always prefer blends of cabs. York Audio is my go to these days,

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Going back and forth between York Audio Mesa OS 412 and DV-77 Mean Mix.

I'm just too lazy to start blending cabs aand I prefer just the simplicity of the Mix