Impulse Purchase JP6 Sparkle

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by AboutBlank, Mar 6, 2020.

1. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

That is pity and a peeve.
    As for the sparkles, I like green by far the most, but I don't know if they were just custom one offs and besides that, I highly doubt that one ever showes up used in Europe...

This is my beloved Wirebird:

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/wirebird-contour-iv.338095/

JimF and A-Branger like this.
  2. Jeffrey Bain

Jeffrey Bain SS.org Regular

Love me a good wirebird and that does not disappoint. I love Dez's from good tiger, black with the purple paisley underneath

https://www.facebook.com/Wirebirdgu...rboard-bareknuckle-pick-ups/1318745708241163/

AboutBlank likes this.
  3. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs

The sparkles look interesting but the wood figuring on the neck is gorgeous! As for the spring noise in your tremolo just stuff in some pre-cut foam inside the springs that will deaden the sound completely.:agreed:

;>)/

AboutBlank likes this.
  4. Razzle

Razzle SS.org Regular

I have several JP6's and they are my FAV neck! I have two (soon a third) in Medallion Gold and Pearl White that although are sparkly finishes, they're not what they call a "sparkle". EBMM made a sparkle finish in what they call "sludge" which was really unique. Have you checked your S/N with EBMM's search site? It might be a sludge, they're really hard to photograph and appear silver sparkle in photos.

Don't block the trem, the JP6 trem is the BEST stable non-floyd trem I've ever used!

CONGRATS!!

AboutBlank likes this.
  5. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

I put a perfectly fitting piece of foam from a BKP box directly under the springs, fits perfectly and stops the resonances.

Feel free to supply us with some pictures ;)

I don't think the Trem is bad either, just don't use it at all.
    Tried it for a second and I really had to laugh:
    It's totally caricatural for me.

Apart from the fact that I don't listen to music where trems are used, I have no ambitions to incorporate this into my style.

In the appendix there is a screenshot of the serial number query (I already took care of this before the purchase).

Attached Files:

BlackSG91 likes this.