I'm Transgender. Ask me anything.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SexHaver420, Dec 8, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SexHaver420

SexHaver420 Oops I'm a girl.

I'm MTF (male to female) if that matters.

2. MFB

MFB Banned

Why do you feel the need to try this again after the last one went so spectacularly?

3. SexHaver420

Because I got moderator approval and I think it's a thing a lot of people don't know very much about. The majority of people don't know anyone who's trans and I figured I'd try to talk to people and answer any questions they have or try to educate them on transgender issues or just bullshit with them about other stuff. Also it's my day off and I have free time.

lewis and AxeHappy like this.
  4. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

Asked the first time and I'll ask again:

What about being trans compels you to "educate" people about it? Does checking that woke box help you confirm your transition?

Also, you clearly negate your desire to "just bullshit about them with other stuff" when you explicitly lead with a specific topic. If you just wanted to BS you'd just do that on any of the other several hundred threads on any given music related topic currently active.

Manurack likes this.
  5. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

I will throw something out there, how do you feel about trans-racial people?

6. SexHaver420

I don't really care if people identify transracial or not. I do think it's a conscious choice though. I don't think your race is a choice and I don't think your gender identity is either. It's just what you're born with.

Also Rachael Dolezal is the most famous transracial person and she just lied about her race for personal gain.

Hollowway, AxeHappy and BenjaminW like this.
  7. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

If you’re a boy who thinks he’s a girl; but is attracted to girls: does that make you a lesbian?

Manurack likes this.
  8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

that's just being straight with extra steps

9. SexHaver420

I'm a girl but I'm attracted to people of every gender so that makes me bi or pan. If I was strictly attracted to women I'd be a lesbian though.

AxeHappy likes this.
  10. Thep

Thep Blast & Sweep

Have you ever been to Thailand? Transgenderism is extremely common there and from what I can tell is nearly completely normalized, at least in the bigger cities. I'd be curious if spending a significant amount of time in a society that is widely accepting of trans people would affect your life perspectives in anyway.

11. SexHaver420

I've never been to Thailand. One of my friends has before and she said it was really cool. I also love Thai food so hopefully I'll be able to go some day.

I think just being around other transgender people would probably help me. I'd love to be able to talk with another woman way farther along in her transition than me and see what she has to say. I don't know any other trans people besides someone I've been playing games with online for years and they're FTM so our experiences are completely different.

Hollowway likes this.
  12. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I'm happy that this thread is back....besides remembering all the idiocy and transphobia posted that's now finding its way here too. Anyways hey gurl! Just showing some love

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Hollowway, teqnick, StevenC and 5 others like this.
  13. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Before I say anything else... cheers. :wavey:

Thanks for opening up this conversation.

I'm a straight guy, happily married to a woman. I never really put much thought into gender growing up, for better or worse. I don't tend to discuss stuff like this with my friends unless they bring it up.

I like to think that I don't treat anyone differently based on gender or non-gender, aside from the nearly unavoidable pronoun stuff (for example, since I don't tend to think about it much, if a person appears to fit my conditioned appearance of feminine, I will tend to use "she" without thinking, not out of spite or anything, just because I, myself, am bad at social interaction/norms, and I also suck at unlearning habits).

I know that no group of two or more people is monolithic. Every person has their own likes, dislikes, extremes, situations that make them uncomfortable, etc.

Personally, I find the entire idea of gender fluidity as foreign, that is, I don't understand it. Like, in my mind, I am what I am, and you are what you are. Whatever gender you are when I first meet you, doesn't make me uncomfortable in any way, if you know what I mean. But something in my lizard-brain is, for lack of a better word, "confused," when someone I know changes their identity in some profound way. I don't mean like Kaitlyn Jenner. I never knew her at all, so, no reaction from me there. But, like friends I've known for years change their name and gender, and my first thought is something, like, "gee, I guess I never really knew them." I have a hard time with that from that angle alone. It's like I can't make the cognative connection of "oh, it's the same old friend," because it's like that friend doesn't want to be that person anymore. Then it sort of unravels from there for me. Like, do I still bring up old stories? They aren't the same person, but they are, but then again they aren't...

I guess I'm not really going anywhere with this, just hoping for some sort of epiphany that I honestly probably am not even anywhere near ready for.

Hollowway, Edika, AxeHappy and 2 others like this.
  14. SexHaver420

The way I see it is that your friends are still the same people that you've known. You're just going to get to know them as their true authentic happier selves. Imagine they're like a Pokemon or something and they leveled up enough to evolve and get stronger. It's also why their names might change.

AxeHappy likes this.
  15. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Raichu should have stayed as Pikachu! It's how god intended!!

vilk, BlackMastodon, Edika and 3 others like this.
  16. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Now that's funny.

Fuck could you imagine that somewhere there are anti-evolution protestors in the Pokemon world who think that Pokemon that evolve are going against God's plan? You know that'd be a thing.

Veldar, vilk, teqnick and 4 others like this.
  17. SexHaver420

Pikachu should have stayed as Pichu cuz Pichu is way cuter :)

18. eggy in a bready

eggy in a bready SS.org Regular

u mad bro?

feraledge, StevenC, AxeHappy and 2 others like this.
  19. eggy in a bready

eggy in a bready SS.org Regular

speaking of pokemon, gotta shout out the og trans icon

[​IMG]

thrsher, Veldar, StevenC and 9 others like this.
  20. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Has the transition affected your character or personality? Like is it different before and after?

I ask because a neighbour of mine used to be a man. He was a car dealer and often had a rude attitude towards customers. He sold the garage and got in to real estate sometime when he made the transition. Almost everyone who knows and knew him/her says she's a lot friendlier and nicer to deal with.
    I often wondered if he was unhappy as a man and took it out on people. Or possibly he just hated his car dealership?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.